Understanding groups and subgroups

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Hi there

I'm trying to get my head around the concept behind Slick Ticket groups.

From what I can make out, it's pretty simple, however I wonder if someone can help me with the below:

I am looking to have two groups, "users" and "support engineers". Users are automatically assigned to a similarly-named group in Slick Ticket, which is predefined in Active Directory. I already have the app hooking into the AD and groups defined accordingly.

However I am looking for "users" to be able to log a ticket and for that ticket to be automatically put into the "support engineers" queue.

In fact, it doesn't even need to automatically transfer - there just needs to be some way for a user in a generic group called "users" to log a ticket and for that ticket not to be seen by other users in the same group.

Basically, I just want to run a helpdesk application where a user can log their own ticket, but for this to be private to other users. Users can log tickets and see their own tickets, and support engineers can see all tickets.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2010 at 9:24 PM

I think you understand exactly how it works, but the system does not work exactly like you want it to.

Everything will work correctly, *but* the 'users' group tickets will be publicly visible until they are moved into a higher tier.  You could edit the lowest level (in the code) to only be able to see their own tickets which wouldn't be too hard.

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. It's good to have it confirmed. I think people have such different expectations / needs from such a system and what may seem natural to some may not be to others!

I shall look through the code and hope to come up with something suitable. Other than the above, SlickTicket is perfect for our needs, and I absolutely love the way it deals with new users (getting them to confirm their details). The AD integration is fab.

Thanks!