Windows Server 2008 R2 and IIS with SlickTicket

Jan 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I have attempted to install IIS within Windows Server 2008 R2 and keep getting various 404 and other authentication and security errors when trying to run the slickticket setup. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you,

Humberto

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2010 at 4:52 AM

I have never tested it on this setup and I know other users have run into problems as well.  I will soon have a Windows 7 machine and can hopefully look at it.  If not, I hope someone else on here sees this that can help.

Feb 4, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Thanks naspinski! I figured out my problem with server 2008 it was the context of application pool. Once I set it to "LocalSystem" for use with windows authentication this worked out fine. I also had some syntax issue with the connection string. All is well and it works great now. I hope this helps others.

H

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:52 PM, naspinski <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have never tested it on this setup and I know other users have run into problems as well.  I will soon have a Windows 7 machine and can hopefully look at it.  If not, I hope someone else on here sees this that can help.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Humberto Merayo
District Network Administrator
IT Security Officer
Bryant School District
hmerayo@bryantschools.org
Apr 20, 2010 at 4:19 PM
Hey Humberto, I have a similar situation to yours mentioned above, but I cannot get passed the 404 errors. I changed the context of the app pool to "LocalSystem" and enabled Windows Authenication, but no luck. Was there anything else you needed to do? Would you be willing to share your folder permissions information? I am wondering since I do not have the install in the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot folder (it's on a different partition actually) if that is part of the problem. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Michael W. Vollmer
Apr 26, 2010 at 2:36 PM
mwv wrote:
Hey Humberto, I have a similar situation to yours mentioned above, but I cannot get passed the 404 errors. I changed the context of the app pool to "LocalSystem" and enabled Windows Authenication, but no luck. Was there anything else you needed to do? Would you be willing to share your folder permissions information? I am wondering since I do not have the install in the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot folder (it's on a different partition actually) if that is part of the problem. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Michael W. Vollmer

Have you got the permissions setup on your SlickTicket folder?

I'm not exactly sure what the requirements for IIS 7 are, but from memory in IIS 6 you need to allow Network Services permissions on the folder.