How to use the email to ticket function

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I just downloaded the latest build on the downlod page, got myself all installed and configured. I then downloaded the latest check in on the source code page. How do I apply this to test out the email to ticket process?

Thanks,

Jon

Developer
Jan 4, 2010 at 7:01 AM

The email pick service to create new tickets is not 100% finished yet.

thx
MoPhat

Aug 10, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Have you had time to implement this feature?

Our old ticketing system had both the Web interface (like yours, but complete garbage) and the email feature (send an email to "Get Help," ticket gets created like normal).

I'd like to present this to my boss, but I know people will want the email capability because it does come in handy- especially if you aren't on your machine, sending a request from a smartphone, etc.

Thanks

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2011 at 7:07 PM

I have not had a chance to test it at all (dont have the required environment for it) but a a fellow contributor did write the basis for this.  It would be great if you could test it out and report back!

Aug 10, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Is it included in the beta version? I can test it out.

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Check the latest source out

Aug 11, 2011 at 4:11 PM

What are the installation instructions for the pre-release? Are they the same? Will testing this version "mess up" the one I'm currently running?

Thanks

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Same thing - it's the one I use, there should actually be less problems (I should probably do a new release...)

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Yes, PLEASE do a new release!!!!! :)

To: harry.deeley@hoerbiger.com
Date: 08/12/2011 10:39 AM
Subject: Re: How to use the email to ticket function [slickticket:79221]

Same thing - it's the one I use, there should actually be less problems (I should probably do a new release...)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com