VS Solution File not included in Source Code?

Developer
Nov 27, 2009 at 7:31 AM
Edited Nov 27, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Hi, i have downloaded the sources and i don't have found a solution file (.sln)? :(

Can you provide a solution file in the source code download section?

Thank you for that GREAT work ;)

P.S:
I creating a Service which are geting the mails from a pop3 server and creates tickets or responses of them... but i use a commercial email component for that > chilkat.
If you like i can send you then the source code for that.

MoPhat

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2009 at 9:42 AM

There is no solution file, it is just a Visual Studio Website Project (no suo file).

I would love to get that code frorm you: stan[at]naspinski[dot]net

Developer
Nov 27, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Can you create a solution from this project, it would be nicer to add some more projects on it like the emailparser project file from me ;)

thx
Volkan

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I am working on it right now - something i have been looking for an excuse to do for a while so I can seperate the logic better from the webUI.

Be patient, I am horrible with subversion, this could take an exorbitant amount of commits before I get it right :P

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM

ok, not it's all moved and should be easy to manipulate.

That said, I am going to work on moving the logic out of the WebUI and into the DomainModel project

Developer
Nov 28, 2009 at 9:51 PM

thank you stan for the modifications ;)

i have n ow started to create the mailparser service, i will send you when its done and works without any problem.
I'm using the mail/pop3 component from chilkat, but this costs 99$, did you know a good pop3 component for free > open source?... it should be better for a open source project :D

MoPhat

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2009 at 5:27 AM

I do not know of anyopen-source pop3, but I will do some looking as that would be ideally so it would be free for all users.

Would you like to join the project?  That way you can check-in new code to your parser.

Developer
Nov 29, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Of course i can join the project, but i have not used  link to sql yet... i'm used the old sql queries in my methods :(

have you a good site to learn on a fast way to use link to sql?

P.S.

We have some "special" needs on our company for a ticket system, i can later explain you what a ticket system should be can :D

thx
MoPhat

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2009 at 12:11 PM

If you wanted to do your project with Linq-to-SQL, we could work together on it, it would also help me sperate logic/display.

If you are willing to write out exactly what you need like:

Action: Create a new ticket

Inputs: string title, string details, int status

Returns: int (1 for success, -1 for error)

I could write up a business layer (in the DomainModel project) that you could access with your extension - that way I could deal with all the logic to keep it L2S, and you can use it for your part... what do you think?

Developer
Nov 30, 2009 at 3:28 PM
Edited Dec 1, 2009 at 7:05 AM

For the email parser i need this actions:
- create new ticket + attachements
- response to existing ticket + attachements

New ticket

Inputs
- title
- details
- add attachments
   -> check if user exists in the db (email adress), if not check the active directory with the email adress an generate a new user profile in the db

Return:
- int (1 for success, -1 for error)

there should be a log table on the db, where the system errors are logged
- title
- detail
- creation date

Response to exisiting ticket

Inputs
- exisiting ticket id
- title
- details
- add attachments

For that, the email subject should be in this format, because the parsing is simpler ;)

[Ticket#2042]
New Ticket here...

Return:
- true/false > boolean

But the tickets system needs more options/features:

- a helpdesk user should be possible to be assigned to more then one group/sub-group
- users should not see other tickets then the own
- on a ticket should be possible to assign more then one helpdesk employee > and if all has closed his tast, the tickets closes ;)
- users and Helpdesk profile should be different > helpdesk user can assig himself to other group/sub-groups etc...
- users can only search and display own tickets
- from ad it sould be readed the displayname, email (just displayed just on one field), phonenumber
   > it should allways the displayname instead the samAccountName
   > a propertie in the settings if the user can edit his profile or just view

Forgotten any...i don't know ;)

I'm now reading link to sql tutorials....

P.S.
I'm creating the email parser service on the web structure and can installed/uninstalled via a bat file ;)

greetz
MoPhat

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Ok, I have started working on the API (SlickTicket.DomainModel) you can use which should make this very easy, here are some questions and comments I have in in red:

New ticket
I need one more input here: email - so I know the incoming email address
Inputs
- title
- details
- add attachments (what kind of format do you want this input to be?  An IEnumerable<File>? let me know how you want to feed this) 
   -> check if user exists in the db (email adress), if not check the active directory with the email adress an generate a new user profile in the db - love this idea, I implemented it in my new classes!

Return:
- int (1 for success, -1 for error)

there should be a log table on the db, where the system errors are logged - I agree, this is made, though only new classes take advantage of it - for anything inside of the WebUI, you could just use ELMAH instead
- title
- detail
- creation date

Response to exisiting ticket
I need one more input here: email - so I know the incoming email address
Inputs
- exisiting ticket id
- title this isn't necessary as the ticket will already have a title
- details
- add attachments again, need to know the input type

For that, the email subject should be in this format, because the parsing is simpler ;)

[Ticket#2042]
New Ticket here...

Return:
- true/false > boolean

For return types, let's decide on either integers -or- boolean, not both, I vote integers, what do you think?

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2009 at 1:10 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.