I cannot understand how the groups/subgroups work

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I'm having a hard time understanding the concept of the groups/subgroups. I looked around and really didn't find much in terms of explanation.

There are 3 of us in my department. I want us to be able to create a new ticket when an email or call comes in to our support box. I would like to be able to create the ticket, but not assign it if we are unsure who it should go to. Then, I'd like to be able to assign it directly to a user.

I want it so that if I click on 'my Issues' I see ALL tickets that I'm either 'assigned to' or 'created'. Is there a way so that I can only view those assigned to everyone else? And perhaps only my tickets will show up in the bottom section which appears to have the group/subgroup name?

What is your recommendation for the setup for the groups?

Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2009 at 5:46 AM

I would recommend you all be put in a Group, and have each person have their own sub-group, there is no way to assign a ticket to a person directly, I tried to avoid that, but if enough people want it, I might add it in later.

You could modify the 'My Issues' code to show any group of tickets you wanted, that code you want will be in the Tickets.cs file if I remember correctly.