This project is read-only.

Configs required for using a Virtual Directory instead of a Web Page & Email issue

Nov 5, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Hi there,

Firstly, AWESOME software!!

Secondly, I'm being a bit awkward, and have setup Slick Ticket on a virtual directory.  In doing so, I have noticed that there is a config I'll need to make, in that the email notifications seem to loose the Virtual Directory part of the URL.

Thirdly, I seem to have entered an email address (let's call it support@company.com) and can't for the life of me see where it is defined.  The problem is that I'm currently testing the system, and don't want to flood support@company.com with notifications, so if anyone can point me in the direction of the config I'm clearly overlooking that would be great.  Everywhere where an email address can be defined it seems to be set as MyName@company.com.

Fourthly, I think the incoming email -> ticket feature would be at least two levels up from just normal awesome!  That said, could a web-form be used to pass the required data in?  Has anyone done this?

Fithly, is there a way I can prevent Slick Ticket from sending an email out on Updates?  I still want one on opens and closes, but that's it.  Is there something I can re-config in the source?

Nov 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Ok, I've pin pointed a couple of the tweaks I needed to implement:

Ticket.aspx.cs

Line 206 - change ..."/ticket.aspx?"... to ..."/VirualDirectory/ticket.aspx?"...

Line 213 - change ..."/ticket.aspx?"... to ..."/VirualDirectory/ticket.aspx?"...

These above changes change the URL to include the VirtualDirectory, obviously substitute "VirtualDirectory" for the correct name.

New_Ticket.apsx.cs

Line 57 - change ..."("ANew").ToString() +ddlPriority"... to ..."("ANew").ToString() +" "+ddlPriority"...

This above change corrects a minor spacing issue in the email, it used to read "A newLow priority...", now it reads "A new Low priority..." assuming the new ticket is a low priority one.

I've been lazy in my notes and just taken a snipit of the text around the changes, if you want me to be more precise, let me know.

Also, I forgot my manners earlier:

Thank you very much for allowing us free access to this awesome application, and thanks in advance for any help!

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:54 AM

I am always happy when someone likes the software, thank you for the compliments (I always welcome a good rating/review if you have the time :) ).

Let's get to some of your questions:

• Good call, I never thought of that - I went in and changed ticket.aspx.cs and the App_Code/utils.cs to fix this, shouldn't be a problem anymore.
  • All of your settings such as email addresses, etc. are kept in the App_Data/settings.xml file
  • I can't wait to get home and get the email->ticket thing working... (I am in Iraq until late December)
  • I like the idea of limiting emails, I added in new options today to make that more customizable.  I update the admin/settings.aspx, admin/settings.aspx.cs and ticket.aspx.cs - be sure you add a new email_notification_only_open_close element to you App_Data/settings.xml file (also changed the css/main.css file for this)

All the new changes can be grabbed at http://slickticket.codeplex.com/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx

Nov 6, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Nice!!

I really did not expect a turn round of that speed!  Incredible.

Anyway, thank you very much.

Oh, and I know it's off topic, but I can't seem to register for WhoOwesMe ...is this by design at the moment?

Nov 6, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Edited Nov 6, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Oh, I've just noticed one minor thing.

After submitting a ticket the screen displays:

"Your ticket number is 1; it will also be accessible through ."

What is suppose to be after through?  Have I not done something properly?

EDIT:

Also, when you re-open a ticket it doesn't send an email if the "Only Email on Ticket Open/Close" is ticked.  Would it be possible to consider this action as an "opening of a ticket"?

I've also noticed that re-opened tickets don't appear in the My Tickets area.

(I really don't want to be a mega pain in the ass!!! Sorry!)

Also, my background is more in keeping things up and running, so I think I might lurk here and see if I can help people with non-code (read: IIS) based problems, that said, I'm no where near a guru, but I'll try to help out.

Nov 6, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Good catch, no that was something I forgot when I localized it - uploaded the fix.

I will check into WhoOwes.Me, not sure why it isn't working.

Nov 6, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Not a pain is the ass at all, this is how it will get better - I appreciate it:

Also, when you re-open a ticket it doesn't send an email if the "Only Email on Ticket Open/Close" is ticked.  Would it be possible to consider this action as an "opening of a ticket"?

-Now it is

I've also noticed that re-opened tickets don't appear in the My Tickets area.

-Fixed

Nov 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Unrelated, I was just able to register a fake email into WhoOwes.Me... what problem are you having?  Feel free to email me or contact me throught he site contact form for that one.

Nov 6, 2009 at 12:57 PM
naspinski wrote:

Unrelated, I was just able to register a fake email into WhoOwes.Me... what problem are you having?  Feel free to email me or contact me throught he site contact form for that one.

Turns out it is IE8, I click compatability view and it's worked fine now.

Nov 6, 2009 at 3:21 PM
Edited Nov 6, 2009 at 3:45 PM

EDIT:

<strike>I've applied 31503 and now I'm not getting emails on closes, even though the box is checked.

The re-opened tickets now display in the "My Tickets" which is cool, but I'm not getting an email when re-opening them.</strike>

I jumped the gun sorry.  I think it was because i did it immediately.  I've since restarted the webpage and it's fine.

<strike>When the check box is cleared i get an email on open, but nothing comes through on an update action, or a close action.</strike>

When the check box is cleared i get duplicates of the update emails. ...Any ideas why, or what I might have done wrong?  I only get one Open and one Close.

This doubling also happens on re-opens when the box is checked.

Is "Status: statuse" supposed to be "Status: <The Status of the ticket>"? (In the body of the update emails)

/EDIT

Also, just out of interest, is there something I can read on how you intended users to use the group and sub-group functions?  I just want to make sure I propose that we use it in the most efficient way, and as users seem to only be able to belong to one group I was just wondering how you intended it to be used?

If I wanted to add a custom field to a ticket, such as "Customer" and "Product", where would I need to add them as pick lists, as in which files?  I'm not afraid of having to add columns to the DB and populating them manually through SQL manager.

If we do make any customisations, I'll do my best to pass them back, if you'd like?

Nov 7, 2009 at 7:17 AM

The dual emails were likely because you have your email as the group email as well - I put in a check that should stop that.

I fixed the "status" statuse" problem, thanks for finding that!

Also, just out of interest, is there something I can read on how you intended users to use the group and sub-group functions?  I just want to make sure I propose that we use it in the most efficient way, and as users seem to only be able to belong to one group I was just wondering how you intended it to be used?

Check the Documentation: http://wiki.slick-ticket.com

If I wanted to add a custom field to a ticket, such as "Customer" and "Product", where would I need to add them as pick lists, as in which files?  I'm not afraid of having to add columns to the DB and populating them manually through SQL manager.

You could add this pretty easily if you wanted, just add a new table, and incorporate it into the code - could be a pain depending on how you wanted it incorporated though.