Upgrading from 1.05 to 2.0 issues

Nov 3, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Hello,

I'm currently struggling to upgrade my Slick Ticket from 1.05 to 2.0.  I can get Patch webpages to load no problem, but can't seem to update the DB.  The account I'm using has administrative rights to the DB so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I can provide logs if someone can point me to where they can be retrieved.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2009 at 6:30 AM

You could just update the SQL manually through Server Management Studio and continue frorm there - it is likely a permissions issue.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:05 PM
naspinski wrote:

You could just update the SQL manually through Server Management Studio and continue frorm there - it is likely a permissions issue.

I tried what you suggested, but I guess I'm still not doing it right.  I know how to install SQL and backup/restore DBs, thats it.  I was able to successfully upgrade to 2.0 by keeping my old web.config file and overwriting everything else.  I had a custom SQL connection string in there to point to a remote SQL server, and that was getting overwritten when I copied over it with the web.config file in the patch set.  Thanks for your suggestion and looking forward to seeing this product evolve.

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2009 at 4:59 AM

If you copied everything over and it is working, then you did the sql part just fine, you probably just clicked the button too many times.  What is the error you were getting?  You were very vague.