Add new Fields

Aug 28, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Which are the files that i have to change, if i add some new fields to users table (full name and ext) or how link it? thanks for the help.

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2009 at 6:40 AM

Once it is in the table, you would want to add it to the profile.aspx page - and then again wherever you wanted to see information from it.

Aug 31, 2009 at 9:00 AM
Edited Aug 31, 2009 at 9:03 AM

I added a Location field to our profiles because we have four locations that have people in our department. If I recall right, I added location to the dbo.users table. Note: since you already have at least one profile created, you must allow this field to allow null entries, then add info into that field on the profiles that already exist and you can then deny nulls after that point. Then I added a place on the profile page to display it. It was fairly easy, but I did not really want to duplicate that process when I needed to have extentions available. To get around this, I changed the phone field at the table to Var(50) and removed the phone number field verification from profile.aspx.cs I think. This allowed me to use (000)000-0000 - Ext: 0000 as the pattern for phone numbers without any problems.

If I had not changed it to Var(50) it would truncate the last three numbers from the field so I guess if you dont NEED area codes, you could leave the variable alone and just remove the field verification. You can also just put in the extention for the phone number if you remove the verification check on that field without any further modifications if you do not need the actual phone numbers in a person's profile.

Aug 31, 2009 at 6:15 PM

ok thanks everyone