Regarding adding check boxes

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:05 PM
Edited Jun 9, 2015 at 4:22 PM
Hi All,

How could I include this code in to the new_ticket.aspx form? I am trying to add some extra functionality to slick ticket. Someone else was working on it and it's on my shoulders now. I guess, at this point I can only think of going forward with it. Slickticket is a great tool and before we found it, we had someone building a new form all together using c# but now they want to use slickticket as it has more features.. I would like to know how the code below would fit in to slickticket? Thanks in advance and yes am new to programming world; will have more questions and hopefully, will find some support.

<tr>
                <td class="style12" style="border-bottom-style: solid; border-width: thin; border-color: #000000;
                    border-right-style: solid;">
                    Audience:*<br />
                    &nbsp;(Who will benefit from this project? Select all that apply)
                </td>
                <td class="style1" style="border-bottom-style: solid; border-width: thin; border-color: #000000;
                    clip: rect(auto, auto, auto, 0px);" align="left">
                    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="updatePanel1" runat="server">
                        <ContentTemplate>
                            <asp:CheckBoxList ID="cbxAudience" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True" OnSelectedIndexChanged="cbxAudience_SelectedIndexChanged"
                                RepeatColumns="2" Style="text-align: left" Width="304px" ToolTip="Who will be using your project?">
                                <asp:ListItem>Faculty</asp:ListItem>
                                <asp:ListItem>Staff</asp:ListItem>
                                <asp:ListItem>Current Students</asp:ListItem>
                                <asp:ListItem>Alumni</asp:ListItem>
                                <asp:ListItem>General Public</asp:ListItem>
                                <asp:ListItem>Prospective Students</asp:ListItem>
                                <asp:ListItem>Parents</asp:ListItem>
                                <asp:ListItem>Donors</asp:ListItem>
                                <asp:ListItem>Other</asp:ListItem>
                            </asp:CheckBoxList>
                            <asp:Label ID="lblBoxListError" runat="server" ForeColor="Red"></asp:Label>
                            &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                            <asp:TextBox ID="txtOther" runat="server" Enabled="False" Style="width: 171px;" MaxLength="100"
                                ToolTip="Provide your own audience choice."></asp:TextBox>
                            &nbsp;
                            <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfvTxtOther" runat="server" 
                                ControlToValidate="txtOther" Enabled="False" 
                                ErrorMessage="Please define &quot;Other&quot;" ForeColor="Red"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
                        </ContentTemplate>
                    </asp:UpdatePanel>
                </td>
            </tr>
Coordinator
Jun 10, 2015 at 4:44 PM
This question is pretty vague, and I am not sure how to answer it.
  • Is this using existing database tables or something that was added?
  • Does this change the existing workflow at all, or is it an alternative to what existed before?
Jun 10, 2015 at 4:57 PM
@naspinski: I apologize for the vagueness and thanks a ton for responding to my post. I think my first question would be how far I could customize the slick ticket? I personally like it the way it is but the office that's going to be using this product has more to do with having users fill out the ticket for "data requests". So, what you have on the new ticket form is not sufficient for them and they wanted me to add more functionality to it. I've not worked on application development before so am learning it on my own. The code above is from another form that was built by an intern we hired a couple of months ago. When we came across slick ticket, we decided to use it by adding other data collection fields- for example, the above code asks the users a question of "who are the audience that are affected by the data they receive from us?" Is it students, faculty, staff, etc.. and I wanted to know if I can use that code to simply add check boxes to the new_ticket aspx form as I see that the syntax is a little different. I hope my question is clear now.

I also wanted to know how did you add the text to the forms for example, we want to put some notes on our form for "turn around time" and things like that. Thank you so much for responding and we love slick ticket and I wish we just used it as-is.