Rich Text Editor Browser Compatibility Issue

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:51 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2009 at 4:07 AM

Hi,

First, thanks for that great solution. But there is a problem I've recently come across when examining your software. The rich text box you are using at New Ticket Section (and probably at some other sections) is not compatible with Mozilla's Firefox and Google's Chrome. It's,so far I've seen, only working with IE6+. Actually there is a solution for that, using FCKEditor or other well-known rich text editors like FreeTextBox and TinyMCE. I am working on that issue and I think I'll replace your current editor with one of those ones and I am also working on Form Authentication to allow user log in and log out and sign up in Web Site. I don't know when I can put this on here or send to you but it seems it's not gonna be near future,actually if I finish it early, I don't think I can put it on right after.

I just wanted to drop by to tell you the issue you may already know.

I am looking forward to your new works and projects.

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2009 at 1:47 PM

To tell you the truth, I developed this on a network that does not allow any other browser, so I really hadn't tested it cross browser (a huge sin, I know...) - I would appreciate it very much, as I am sure other owuld as well if you would let all of us see your upgrades!

Are you coding in the option bewteen forms/windows so the admin can choose?  That would be great!

Let me know if you would eb interested in becoming a contributor.

-Stan

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I'll definitely let you know when I want to be a contributor. First I need to finish the things on your project :)

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:48 AM

I've changed major parts and it's fully supported for web based authentication and new all-browsers-supported text editor,FCK editor is also provided right now.

My Company will donate you because of this beautiful project later after selling our major project.

Thanks..

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2009 at 4:39 AM

Fantastic!  Always great to hear!