This project is read-only.

New Fields

Jun 8, 2009 at 9:26 PM

How hard would it be to add a couple more fields. I've created the table but don't know how to link the new table in the forms. If I could just add two or three more fields this would be the perfect tool. They are needed for categorizing and reporting.

Jun 9, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Shouldn't be that hard at all, just need to update the displays for the tickets (I am assuming these fields are for tickets).  Did you make a new table?  I would assume it would be easier to add on to the existing ticket table insteada of linking a new one which would add unnecessary complexity.

Jun 9, 2009 at 6:57 PM

I did create a new table but if that adds to much complexity I am willing to just add it to an existing table. I need a Department field so I know what department the ticket is for, and a problem field so we can report off common problems.

I had planned on using the group field to track departments but you can't be part of more than one group. So I wouldnt see the ticket if it was created as an HR group when I'm in the IT group. Granted I could do a ticket search and if I have higher access find the ticket, but I think that would be extra steps for our helpdesk people. So if we could just assign them all to helpdesk, then have a field for department we could report off that.

Thanks for creating such a great tool, when I get this working it wil be awesome :).

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Keep in mind also that when you look at 'My Issues' i twill not only give you tickets that ar ein your group, but any tickets your group/you have started.

For example, if you start a ticket for the 'B' group, but you are in group 'A', it will still show in your issues; if Bill from group 'A' starts a ticket for group 'C', you will be able to see it as well.

Good luck with your changes, glad it is of some help!