Mailbox Unavailable - 5.7.1 client does not have permissions to send as this sender

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Hello everyone,

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and been able to resolve it, or of course naspinski if you could possibly assist..

I've setup SlickTicket on my server, and love it. I had it set up and running properly with the database, groups, and e-mails at one point. However I had to do a re-install due to server issues and now I can't seem to get the e-mails to send properly. I am using an exchange server to send the e-mails and the same smtp server as I had used before.. I'm using windows authentication but continuously get the error in the Subject line.

mailSettings are currently (sorry, e-mail/host hidden, but trust they are in the same proper format);
    <mailSettings>
        <smtp from="email@us.com">
            <network defaultCredentials="true" host="server.oa.mail.test" />
        </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
I am unfortunately learning much of this as I go so I apologize in advance, but help would be amazing at this point. Please let me know any further information you may need to help.

Thank you
Mar 7, 2014 at 4:01 AM
Edited Mar 11, 2014 at 2:36 AM
Please disregard last message..with my host environment it seems the best if not only option is to use the directory pickup option, which is completely fine with me, so that's all set. I've deployed a number of customizations to SlickTicket so far but a few things I seem to be completely stumped on.
  1. Help/FAQ page is editable by all level users, anyone been able to correct this for admins only?
  2. Any possible way to set file attachments to only be visible to admins, to secure files from other users within the same group as the submitter