This project is read-only.

Groups and SubGroups

Apr 16, 2009 at 4:35 PM
Edited Apr 16, 2009 at 5:03 PM
Here is our setup.

We have a small IT staff that will get all the new tickets generated. The way I see the software setup is that a generic user has to pick a group and subgroup they are in. Here are my groups and subs.

I want all tickets generated to go to the AllTicks subgroup. Unless I set that subgroups required access to something generic users can see, then when a generic user creates a ticket, that group and subgroup is not an option. Only there group of ones they have access to are displayed.

I don't want a generic user to have the option of picking the Admin group or subgroups on there profile pages and have only one option for them on the ticket page of Admin - AllTicks so that emails are sent to my IT group.

I would like for a generic user to simply login, create a ticket and it gets automatically emailed to the AllTicks group.

Admin
    AllTicks
    IT1
    IT2
    IT3

Users
    Dev
    Mark

Apr 17, 2009 at 8:44 AM
This should be no problem. 
  • Just make the only group at level 1 (or whatever you want the low level to be) the generic users group (AllTicks).
  • Set the 'AllTicks' mailto group as something other than the actual users of the group.
  • Then make the admins any group higher.

That way all of the generic users will only be able to assign to that one group.  The higher level admins can then go in and move the tickets to where they want to put them or do whatever.