Mail to group question

Apr 6, 2009 at 10:07 PM
We are actually up and running for 2 weeks live supporting over 700 users and currently over 220 users enrolled with profiles.  Over 300 tickets in just two weeks and our users love it.  Works almost flawlessly but I do have a few quick questions.

I have assigned numerous groups at several levels.

Customers put ticket in at a level one initially assigns ticket. 
Initially user creates his user profile but slick ticket places user login ID as their e-mail address.  This means I have to manually go in and pull their correct e-mail and edit the SQL tables directly- no biggy but would be nice if it actually pulled their real email and phone number from AD.  (now customer updates phone and it saves fine which is OK). 

Secondly:  When we initially reassign the ticket it does not always e-mail the group properly.  For instance if a level two helpdesk person refers a ticket to the level three network or level three Web team groups the email informing that group goes to the previously assigned i.e. level two help deskgroup.  Upon a second reassignment then the e-mail then goes to the appropriate group.  Is this the way it is suppose to work? 

Other then that this is a great program and works very well for our Enterprise,  saved this government agency thousands of tax dollars.  Many Thanks

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2009 at 6:50 AM

First of all, that is awesome that you are using it with such a large organization, and even better that people actually like it :)
I also appreciate you taking time to ask these questions and make suggestions as that is the only way projects improve, your input is greatly valued!

• Initially user creates his user profile but slick ticket places user login ID as their e-mail address.
    • This is default behavior as it was the same as email addresses in our organization (I am Gov't too). 
    • One way to get around this would simply be to have it not auto-populated and force them to fill it in
    • Also, keep in mind that the user can change it themselves so you don't have to go into SQL.
    • *I think I am going to improve this functionality on the next release, it should pull from AD like the phone number.

• When we initially reassign the ticket it does not always e-mail the group properly.  For instance if a level two helpdesk person refers a ticket to the level three network or level three Web team groups the email informing that group goes to the previously assigned i.e. level two help deskgroup.  Upon a second reassignment then the e-mail then goes to the appropriate group.  Is this the way it is suppose to work? 

Once again, thanks for the input!  And don't be shy on the reviews/ratings as I don't have very many ;)

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2009 at 9:32 AM
Fixed the email bug:
http://slickticket.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=1511