This project is read-only.

Setup (Adding Users, Login, few other things)?

Apr 1, 2009 at 12:38 PM
I finished installing SlickTicket, but I have a few problems: -

1. Adding More Users, From AD or None AD?
2. Username, Why Cant I add a Username?
3. Tested on a differnt PC and Loged in as Myself with out any login information? (very very bad)
4. What AD groups do I belong to? (everyone is not a AD group and none of my AD Groups are on there)
5. Cant Change my Access level?
6. As Admin I cant change Users information?
7. No Logout option?

any information on these little things will be helpful
Apr 2, 2009 at 6:07 AM
I don't think you understand how Slick-Ticket functions, let me try to explain.

1. Adding More Users, From AD or None AD?
 - no, users are added as they sign in or access slick-ticket - this is to reduce/eliminate administration error.

2. Username, Why Cant I add a Username?
 - for simplicity, everyone is known by their AD login (that way people know who is adding tickets, not xxHaX0Rxx).  If you wanted, you could write in a layer that adds in a username.

3. Tested on a differnt PC and Loged in as Myself with out any login information? (very very bad)
 - this is exactly how it is set up, it uses your windows login credentials, you do not have to sign in - it pulls the HttpContext.Current.User.Identity

4. What AD groups do I belong to? (everyone is not a AD group and none of my AD Groups are on there)
 - is the machine on the Domain?  ('Everyone' is a default windows group)

5. Cant Change my Access level?
 - it is tied to your AD groups, take a look at the explanaiton of the permissions in the FAQ

6. As Admin I cant change Users information?
 - No, this was to reduce administrator hassle and interference.  IMO, admins get a little too invovled in a lot of systems.  Feel free to add it in if you want.

7. No Logout option?
 - no, like I said, this uses your windows creds, its just like any desktop app you have on your machine, no login/logout
Apr 2, 2009 at 9:29 AM
Thank you for the information clears up allot, the number 3 about login into a differnt computer was with a differnt login...

So acording to what you have explained I'm not joining my domain correctly, can you clear up what FQDN I use for the domain linking?

1. DOMAINNAME\SERVERNAME
2. SERVERNAME
3. SERVERNAME.DOMAINNAME.LOCAL

Also when I click on Update AD I get a message that says "Ad groups xml file refreshed - 245 groups" and thats it?
Apr 5, 2009 at 6:48 AM
Sound slike 2 things here:
- Your DC is set up correctly, if it said "Ad groups xml file refreshed - 245 groups" that part is working correctly
- You have anonymous access enabled - it hsould not be, this system runs off of windows credentials.

That should clear up your problems
Apr 6, 2009 at 4:14 PM
Nice :D thank you for the help

It was becuase I had the default IIS to log in as Anonymous, and Windows Credentials cheacked... sorry for the trouble just not a web developer or touch meany webservers :P

Thanks Again