Customize fields/workflow

Mar 6, 2009 at 9:18 AM
Hi and thanks for your excellent job.

I would like to use your tool as a customer support tool, rather than an bugtracking system. To accomplish that, I need to be able to customize the form with custom fields (text, list-value, popups,...) and customize workflow based on fields values. Do you plan to add such features to your product? Otherwise, how do you think I could better implement them in your code?

Thanks in advance

Alberto
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2009 at 10:21 AM
It was actually designed to be a help desk/customer support tool, so you're in luck :)

Customizing fields is not hard to do as they are all populated by the SQL tables that are provided.  You can change those without problem, but always make backups as some of them (proirity, etc.) are tied into the system itself.

As for further customization of the workflow, that might require some substantial system re-engineering, so I would need to know more of what you are looking for.

I would like to add some of this functionality, but I have very little time to as of now as my job is 84 hours weeks at the moment (7 days a week, 12 hours a day; havent had a day off since Nov...).  But I will try to when I get some time.
Mar 6, 2009 at 2:59 PM
I thought that adding custom fields was not a big issue; as for the workflow, what I do really need is that tickets issued by different users (on a per group basis) follow a different workflow, e.g.: if customer A is issuing a ticket with a custom value field - let's assume 'product' - of 'xyz', then ticket must be approved by a supervisor, who will assign it to a specific group i.e. pool of users; if customer B is issuing the same ticket, then he/she is allowed to assign it directly to an operator.
This is because I need to deliver the support service to different organizations with different structures and different relationships with the support service organization.
So basically what I need to define is:
- user groups
- groups assignments
- assignment rules based on custom fields values.
Is it something that can be accomplished using Windows Workflow Foundation? I am not a .NET programmer, though I have some understanding of software development.
Thanks
Alberto

Da: naspinski [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Inviato: venerdì 6 marzo 2009 12.21
A: alberto.zigoni@gmail.com
Oggetto: Re: Customize fields/workflow [slickticket:49391]

It was actually designed to be a help desk/customer support tool, so you're in luck :)

Customizing fields is not hard to do as they are all populated by the SQL tables that are provided. You can change those without problem, but always make backups as some of them (proirity, etc.) are tied into the system itself.

As for further customization of the workflow, that might require some substantial system re-engineering, so I would need to know more of what you are looking for.

I would like to add some of this functionality, but I have very little time to as of now as my job is 84 hours weeks at the moment (7 days a week, 12 hours a day; havent had a day off since Nov...). But I will try to when I get some time.
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2009 at 5:03 AM
It is set up to do that - it is all dependant on how you set up your groups and permissions. Here is an explanaiton of the permissions included with the download: