This project is read-only.

"invalide email address"

Mar 4, 2009 at 9:03 PM
I've got everything installed and it looks great. However when I'm going through the "general settings" i run into a problem when entering the "admin contact email address" and "system email address", It is saying its an invalid email address. Our email addresses structure is  "name@4qc.com". It seems like the system doesn't like the number at the beginning of the domain (4qc.com). Is there any way to get around this?
Mar 5, 2009 at 7:05 AM
I took a look at the Validators there, and you are right, that regex won't allow numbers first (good catch!).  That is an error on our part and I should fix that asap, but if you want to fix it right away, anywhere you see 
ValidationExpression
="^[0-9]*[a-zA-Z]([-.\w]*[0-9a-zA-Z])*@([a-zA-Z][-\w\.]*[0-9a-zA-Z]\.)+[a-zA-Z]{2,9}$"

replace it with this:
ValidationExpression="^[(a-zA-Z0-9_\-\.]+)@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.)|(([a-zA-Z0-9\-]+\.)+))([a-zA-Z]{2,4}|[0-9]{1,3})(\]?)$"

that is a better regex that will allow numbers first!
Aug 18, 2009 at 5:35 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2009 at 7:27 PM

I know its been a while but thanks for the help, Im kind of a noob at this. Do you know where those validators are? Im having a hard time finding them to edit the regex. This is a great program you got here A++++ . Just what I was looking for!

* Update * - I found the settings.apx file to modify this expression but I get the below message when I make these changes.

* Update 2* - I entered this expression instead "ValidationExpression="^[0-9]*[a-zA-Z]([-.\w]*[0-9a-zA-Z])*@([0-9]*[a-zA-Z][-\w\.]*[0-9a-zA-Z]\.)+[a-zA-Z]{2,9}$""

Hopefully that wont cause any adverse effects later on but it worked.  Looking forward to getting this Live. Thanks again for the great software.

parsing "^[(a-zA-Z0-9_\-\.]+)@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.)|(([a-zA-Z0-9\-]+\.)+))([a-zA-Z]{2,4}|[0-9]{1,3})(\]?)$" - Too many )'s.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: parsing "^[(a-zA-Z0-9_\-\.]+)@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.)|(([a-zA-Z0-9\-]+\.)+))([a-zA-Z]{2,4}|[0-9]{1,3})(\]?)$" - Too many )'s.

Source Error:

Line 90:                             <span style="float:right;padding-right:66px;">
Line 91: <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfvMailto" runat="server" ControlToValidate="txtAdminEmail" ValidationGroup="adminEmail" ErrorMessage="Required" CssClass="error" Display="Dynamic" />
Line 92: <asp:RegularExpressionValidator ID="regEditMailTo" runat="server" ErrorMessage="Invalid Email Address" ControlToValidate="txtAdminEmail" ForeColor="" ValidationGroup="adminEmail"
Line 93: ValidationExpression="^[(a-zA-Z0-9_\-\.]+)@((\[[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.)|(([a-zA-Z0-9\-]+\.)+))([a-zA-Z]{2,4}|[0-9]{1,3})(\]?)$" Display="Dynamic" CssClass="error" />
Line 94: </span>