Using Slick-Ticket without Active Directory

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2009 at 7:44 AM
Eric emailed me with a good question
Is there away around using Active Directory?

As of right now, it will work out of the box without Active Directory, but you will not have full functionality.
For the time being, these are your options:
  • You could just set "Everyone' (it is a default windows group, AD no needed) to full a Level 10 setting and it would work just fine, though everyone would be able to assign tickets to everyone in this situation. The system work then work just fine.
  • If you want to code: Right now the system takes the 'Levels' you assign to each AD group and assigned permissions accordingly. I am sure with a little engineering, you could switch that up to adding in user groups in another sort of store? (if you did this, a copy would be greatly appreciated!)

I do not currently have the time to develop this as I am swamped with work, but maybe in the future. Again, thanks for all the interest!
Jan 15, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I'm very interested in trying out this software, however it is not practical for me to use Active Directory integration for end-users to submit tickets (licensing-wise)

I'd be interested in pursuing some development of some other internal user database (plus would be really slick to integrate with OpenID) , but I have no experience with C# (just some vbscript/ASP)

Is anyone else on the forum here pursuing this concept?  I'd be happy to collaborate with some folks to get this done.

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2010 at 1:59 AM

It would take quite a bit of time as the system is specifically built to be used with AD - hence the permissions are pretty tightly coupled with AD.

In one of my last updates, I started making it a little more separated, but I do not have the time right now to decouple it completely and write a forms interface, sorry... though I am very much in support of anyone else if they would like to try it out.

Jan 17, 2010 at 9:21 PM
Edited Jan 19, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Closed - PEBKAC Issue