This project is read-only.

Optional Features:

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I really like the Project this is the first time I played with ASP, this should be a fun project to work on

I am planning to use this to replace a home grown Ticketing System I wrote back in VB6 days.

I have so features that I want to add, and wanted to get your Option on them

1)      Email Box Service

Current I have a Service I use in my system that scans an Email account and creates tickets.

I am going to modify it to create tickets for SlickTicket, once I am done I can make that project open source if anyone is interested, it is in .net C#

2)      Help Desk Auto Refresh Screen

I thought this might be nice for my help desk, has anyone played with Idea?

3)      Escalation Service.

I did not see that in the Project, if no one has created something, I can try after I get the Email Box Service Running.

4)      Reporting

Has anyone created any reports? I am looking for the Basic Manager reporting that shows things like day worked buy Helpdesk, Total Open, Tickets Opened over 5 days, that kind of stuff.

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Woot,  Just found your Email Parser. Checking it out now :)

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:56 PM

1) I did not write, nor have tested it, so if you want to run with it, I would love to add you to the project!  Are you interested?

2) shouldn't be tough to implement

3) Not sure what you mean here, care to elaborate?

4) This is already implemented somewhat in Administration > Statistics

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

1) Ya, Looked at the Parser, I am going to combine parts of mine into it, I have sone nice features, like Ignore List, Testing Features

I would be intrested, I am new at ASP the whole HTTP is a black hole..  LOL , I have been working with c# for 5 or 6 years writing services and Winblows App's. 

3)  In the system I have now a service watches the Ticket DB, looking for tickets that need attention.  

Examples:

After unassigned ticket sits for 15 min, An Email Alert is sent to Helpdesk Manager

If a Working ticket is not updated for 24 Hours a Email Alert is sent to Ticket Worker

If a Working ticket is not updated for 48 Hours a Email Alert is sent to Helpdesk Manager

4)   Ya, I saw that, My Boss Like to Get these Emails with Each Helpdesk Tech Production,  ie.  How many tickets, How Long, Average Time.  stuff like that

I think I will try a report, thats a good way to get a feel for ASP.  I always put the Nubs on report writing and let them work their way up .  LOL

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Added you to the team, welcome!

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Woot. I will get started.