Fresh Install IIS 7 SQL 2008 Express

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I am not sure where things may be going south but I would really like to try this product as it looks great.

I got a VM setup running Windows 7, Got IIS running on it and the default website is functioning.

Installed SQL 2008 express and all of that seems to go good as well; database has been created.

When attempting to add a new website I think I may be running into the Physical path and the user credentials that are used as an error.  I leave it alone at first and then get a 404.17 error. I then disabled the anon auth and get HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized.  I am missing something in documentation section  1.4 - Modify your ConnectionString.  I am using the windows auth so?? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2011 at 8:41 PM

This is an IIS problem, not with your connectionstring - the error means that the account that you are browsing with does not have rights to access the site.  This might be a better question for an IIS forum as I am no expert, especially with IIS 7.

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I got that fixed but now getting login error but I was trying to use windows auth. Any ideas?

Dan - Mobile

On Sep 27, 2011 1:41 PM, "naspinski" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: naspinski
>
> This is an IIS problem, not with your connectionstring - the error means that the account that you are browsing with does not have rights to access the site. This might be a better question for an IIS forum as I am no expert, especially with IIS 7.
>
>
Dec 4, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff647405.aspx