Change Phone field to mobile phone field?

Mar 25, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Hi'

I'm fairly new to Slick-Ticket and is currently trying to prep it for implementation in a local county.

I'm trying to find the part of profile.aspx.cs where the phone number gets pulled from the AD. The reason for this, is because I wish to use the mobile phone field in the AD instead of the phone fleid, since both are in use, but the mobile phone number is better for us.

And, I'm guessing the values that a user inserts into his/her profile gets written to the SQL server, but not to the Active Directory?

Thanks for a great help desk system, which surely will become popular among our users :-)

Kind Regards Jacob

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2011 at 4:02 PM

in profile.aspx.cs  you will see

static string[] allowUserToEdit = { "telephoneNumber" };

Which, despite the (poorly chose) name, does not allow users to edit AD - it is only a SQL edit as you said.

Just change that string to whatever AD string is holding the telephone number you want to use.

I hope it works out for your (reviews and ratings are always welcome :) )

Mar 28, 2011 at 6:34 AM

Thanks for your reply :-)

I have one problem though. When I'm trying to delete a user, it says:

"Error deleting

The delete statement conflicted with the reference constraint "fk__tickets__submitt__145c0a3f". the conflict occurred in database "slickticket", table "dbo.tickets", column 'submitter'. the statement has been terminated."

This only happens when I'm deleting a user, who have created a ticket in the system. Is it not possible to delete a user after they've created a ticket?

Kind regards
Jacob
Coordinator
Mar 28, 2011 at 8:25 PM

No it is not.  This is implemented at the SQL level for data integrity.  If a user is referenced anywhere, they can not be deleted.