Installing on a hosted environment

Nov 30, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Hey

Such a great tool must be fixed to run in a hosted environment guys! I have been struggling to get the setup working in a hosted environment and after taking out the USE [SLICKTICKET] on top in the sql file under the folder setup I still get some weird errors I now hope that you will help me solve. I want to translate this into Swedish but first I need to get it up and running.

Now I face this error:

Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Try this out: http://naspinski.net/post/apparently-viewstate-variables-time-out.aspx

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:36 AM

Hey

Thanks, that did the truck regarding this issue. Thanks for fast support and please do not use the USE [DATABASNAME] inside your SQL file under setup. It gave me hours of frustruation :) Now over to the next issue. How can I make the system go from Windows Authentication to Forms Authentication in the app?

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM

This has been asked a lot, and I am sorry to say it is not implemented and most likely will not be any time soon (by me at least, I hope someone else can make it happen).

This was [obviously] originally written for an AD environment specifically and did not employ a .Net membership provider, which, in hindsight was probably not the best approach.  Therefore, in order to implement this, you would need to either switch it over to a membership provider, or write a bridge to use form along with, or instead of AD.  I wish I had time (or an AD environment) available to me to work on this - I had no idea that this project would become this popular.

I encourage anyone to add this feature - tt would be greatly appreciated by many!

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2010 at 1:53 PM

As for the 'USE' statement, it is necessary unless you are logged directly into the db - generally, that would be the first place you look when implementing a db.

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I will implement asp_membership and provide code

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Forms Authentication would make Slick Ticket just perfect. I was looking for a ticket system for only 4 users to make some change requests and to report a bug once in a while and Slick Ticket is exactly what I needed, except that I don't have an AD.... All the other ticket systems are so bloated that the time learning how to use them would excel the time we would save.

Sep 30, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Did anyone implemented asp role and membership to it???
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2014 at 2:39 PM
I thought that was your job?! :)