Email setup problem 4.3.2 service not available

Sep 15, 2010 at 3:15 PM

First things first, this system looks to be just the ticket (pun intended) for our department to communicate certain issues, great job developers.

I am having some difficulties with the email setup though, the error message I am getting is:

Error sending email Service not available, closing transmission channel. the server response was: 4.3.2 service not available, closing transmission channel

I have setup a system similar to this before, but it did not work with Active directory or Microsoft Exchange as this one does, and that would be an excelent feature for us. Any assistence setting up the email would be appriceated.

Server is 2003 with IIS6, local SQL Server Express DB, Exchange server is 2008 (I believe this is correct, but it is not my area of expertise)

Regards

Martin

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Sorry, I have never actually set up Exchange - as this appears to be an Exchange problem.  Good news is it appears the program is working fine :).

Hopefully someone else on here can help you out, or possible try a server forum like serverfault.com for exchange help?