This project is read-only.

New Error - Assigning Ticket

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Hello All,

We have a new error when assigning a ticket to a higher level.

Error
Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

We have a main group General and 2 sub-groups Users (Level 2) and Helpdesk (Level 9).  A user creates the ticket assigned to Users and an admin logs in (Level 10) wants to re-assign to Helpdesk to begin work and we get the above error.  We can change status, add comments on the ticket but cannot assign it to the sub group.  The ticket has a current status of New.

Jul 6, 2010 at 3:35 PM

We have reinstalled the application and have not had a resolution to this issue.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 7, 2010 at 7:55 AM

That is not a hard-coded error message, so I cannot really say what is.  I would recommend stepping through it with a debugger to see what is causing this to happen.  I am assuming it is from an invalid linq-to-sql state that is somehow being produced.

What is your environment?  What version of .Net Framework and Slick-Ticket are you using?

Jul 7, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Environment: Win 2K3 Slick Ticket 46992 .Net 4.0.30319

Jul 7, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Hey there,

I did some research on the web an it looks like either a closed data connection or SQL statement is returning nothing.  Now I don't have the tools to review your code at the moment but it's only happening when I try to re-assign a ticket.

I have tried a new combination of groups and sub-groups and they still don't work. 

I have now tried User Admin1 (Level 10) (Group Admin, Sub-Group General (L9)) Open Ticket Assigned to Group Admin, Sub-Group Users (L1).  I view the Ticket and try to change sub-group to Helpdesk (L9) and we get the error.

Jul 21, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I am sorry, without walking through this with a debugger I cant really help you - I can't reproduce the problem.