Groups - Access Levels

Jun 8, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Hello All,

First off, just wanted to say great tool, slick and easy to use!!  We just started out on this tool and have completed all the necessary setup and it's working fine.  Not in Production yet, but getting close!

My question is with Groups and the Access Levels.  I understand how the system is grouping and preventing lower levels from changing/re-assigning higher level tickets.  Is there a setting or can someone point me to the correct coding area to prevent lower level groups from viewing higher level tickets that they are not the submitter?

Example

If user A (Level 1) submits a ticket, user A (L1) and user B (L1) and Admin 1 (L8) can see and modify the ticket.

If we assign the ticket to level 8 only user A and Admin 1 should see the ticket.  Currently User B is also able to View, not change, the ticket.

Similar, if Admin 1 (L8) creates a ticket and it is immediately assigned to Level 8, no Level 1 should be able to review the ticket.  This would allow me to assign confidential tasks to Help Desk support staff, i.e. terminate User A account at 4:30 P.M. as the user is getting fired!!

Thanks for any help or direction you can provide.

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2010 at 11:30 AM

This has been implemented in the newest Alpha Release - not sure if it would be completely compatible with the old version without a patch (not developed yet) so be careful.

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Ok we installed the Alpha version, user cannot view ticket in a higher level.

However the search tool does return all tickets regardless of the users permission.  If the user clicks on the ticket they have no access to they are denied access to the ticket.  Not a huge issue by any means but maybe a future addition to the "To Do" List.

Thanks for the help.

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2010 at 6:22 AM

Users are not supposed to be able to view tickets at a higher level, can you be more specific?

I have not implemented the newer search yet, thank you for the reminder :P