WYSIWYG Tickets

May 6, 2010 at 5:57 PM

I just stumbled across this in a ticket.  I'm not sure if this is a limitation in Slickticket or something I have possibly broken either via configuration or customizations.

The View Ticket page displays the comments as such:

"Switch A Tx <--> Switch B Tx  

Switch A Rx <--> Switch B Rx "

instead of

"Switch A Tx <--> Switch B Tx   

Switch R Tx <--> Switch B Rx "

Coordinator
May 11, 2010 at 5:12 PM

that is the proper html, but it shouldn't be rendering like that - can you take a look at the view->source while viewing that ticket?

May 12, 2010 at 1:03 PM
Which part of the source are you looking for?

Display:

This is a test ticket &lt; &gt; - + = _) ( bold italics

This is from the source:

<div>
                    This is a test ticket &amp;lt; &amp;gt; - + = _) ( <strong>bold </strong><em>italics</em></div>
                <br />

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Was there ever a resolution to this item?  We are experiencing the same thing but noticed that the details in the Ticket Table has been saved this way

<p>   Windows is not working.&amp;nbsp; HELP ME!!!!</p> 

When Displayed in the browser

Window is not working.&nbsp; HELP ME!!!!

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2010 at 9:19 AM

In the recent updates, I have changed from the current WYSIWYG editor as it seemed to have a bit of problems with certain combinations as well as compatibility problems with a lot of browsers to a more tested CKEditor.

I apologize that these new updates are not allowed on a stable release, I have just not had enough time to put out another release (read: test and patch for).

You can see/download all the new code from the Source tab on top of the pages here.

Jul 8, 2010 at 2:03 PM
Edited Jul 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Hey Naspinski,

No apology required...this software is great.  I am grateful for the effort already put into this tool.   

I have the latest version, 46992.  I really only have the issue with &nbsp right now, but have not tested the < or >.  

When the data goes into the table it is taking a space &nbsp and making it &amp;nbsp;  This when displayed it is &nbsp; but the page doesn't see it as a space.  I would assume the first conversion of the &amp to & is done but then the page just displays the text &nbsp;

**UPDATE**  I have just added a trigger (Insert and Update) on the Tables.  Tickets - Details and Comments - Comment.  Trigger just replaces &amp; with & and everything is displaying correctly now.  This is a little overhead now as it does all records but I will fine tune it to the incoming record only.

Thanks again!

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I think I can live with a trigger to fix the &nbsp problem, but I find the styles do not work.  Is there a css file that may be missing or maybe a way to disable some of the features to limit users to the features that work well?

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Is this using the newer version with the CKEditor, or the older (2.0) version?

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:24 PM

CKEditor.  If I use either the red or blue style, the text is right justified and not colored.

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:24 PM

CKEditor 3.3 in case it matters.

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:01 AM
BTW, seems like the comments
should have a class that matches the styles in the textbox.

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 1:56 PM, naspinski <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Is this using the newer version with the CKEditor, or the older (2.0) version?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Numquam incertus; semper apertus.