This project is read-only.

Questions regarding openWYSIWYG Editor

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Hi,

I'm haing a bit of a difficult time getting my head around how to use the openWYSIWYG editior included in SlickTicket.

Here is a code snippit of the text box I'm trying to enable it in:

<asp:TextBox ID="txtEntryOne" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine" Width="100%" Height="90" />

I've tried coping the javascript from a different page (ie Ticket.aspx) and amending the identifier:

ctl00_body_txtDetails

to match the ClientID of my textbox (ctl00_body_txtEntryOne) and all I get is an error on the page load about "No textarea found with the given identifier (ID: ctl00_body_txtEntryOne)"

Could anyone offer any help/advice, as I can't seem to work this one out for myself.

Thanks,

Sid

Apr 18, 2010 at 5:25 PM

view the source of your page and make sure it is spelled correctly

Apr 26, 2010 at 3:02 PM

I've copied the text box client id directly from the Watch pane in Visual Studio 2008 when I've debugged the site, and I'm still getting the same issue.

Am I chasing the right thing here?  It is the ClientID of the textbox I need to use, right?

Apr 26, 2010 at 3:33 PM

As a work-around, I've updated the AJAXToolkit and I'm now using the HTMLEditor.

It's slow, but it does what I want, and it's not going to be in a high traffic area.

May 11, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Another workaround would be to use a jquery 'ends with' selector like used here: http://api.jquery.com/attribute-ends-with-selector/

I use that in a lot of my websites.