Deploying Custom Changes

Mar 9, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I'm having a little trouble deploying my changes.

I had a running copy SlickTicket v2.0 from the main page.

I made minor changes to the Search and Ticket.aspx pages, and minor changes to the domain model and database.

I restored my copy of the database overtop of the one out there and fixed the user accounts so that should be good.

I then copied everything from the \SlickTicket.WebUI\  Project folder into the main folder of the Slicket website.  I let every file overwrite.  This did not seem to be enough as I started getting errors.

Since then I have replaced/updated the  db.dbml file in \App_Data\

I then took all the Domain Objects .CS files and places them in the \App_Code\ folder. 

This left me with an error related to the Group.CS file contained in the \App_Code\ folder (I don't even see a Group.cs file in my dev envrioment).

The error is :

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'dbDataContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 47:     public class SubGroups
Line 48:     {
Line 49:         public static IEnumerable<sub_unit> List(dbDataContext db, int unit_ref, int access_level)
Line 50:         {
Line 51:             var query =

Source File: c:\Users\tkoenitzer\desktop\slickticket-28536\App_Code\Groups.cs    Line: 49

I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I started using the Visual Studio option 'Copy Website' and that resolved the issues I have above.