This project is read-only.

Ticket Privacy

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:50 PM

We are looking for a new ticket solution, and so far we are very excited with the possibilities of ST!!  Maybe I am not understanding the permissions/groups/levels... however we would prefer that users NOT be able to see each others tickets for numerous reasons (our users sometimes have a bad habit of putting too much info into a ticket... (username, password, pin#s).  However this doesn't seem possible with ST in its current state.  Am I missing something?  It looks to me that if we assign a group "Students" to a certain level (2) then all members of that group can see have some level of control on those tickets because they are on the "same or higher level."

Is my observations correct?  Is there a way to ONLY allow users to see tickets they have entered and not anyone else in their level?  Higher levels (technicians) should still be able to see all tickets.

Thanks!!

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:07 PM

That is true, all users can see other users tickets at the given level.

It was originally built this way because our users were not allowed to put in tickets, just the technicians did, but I can see the need for something like this.

It could be built into the logic that users at or below a certain level (say 1 or 2... or a level the admin picks) would only be able to see their own tickets.\

In fact, I think this is a great idea - do you think it would be good to make a level 1 user unable to view other tickets?  Give me some feedback here, it won't be hard to implement :)

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I think level one would make the most sense.  Since you have built in such a high number of levels losing level one for this kind of setup wouldn't be a hinderance.  #1 "logically" makes sense for your security model as well.  This will be great for a lot of users I bet... because small shops like our community college can't provide a helpdesk to answer calls, put in tickets and resolve issues.  We rely on the end user to do some of the leg work.

Let me know what I can do to help... test... whatever.  I have a test vm setup that isn't doing any work but slickticket at the moment and I can break and make changes without any issues!

Thanks!

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:09 AM

I have altered the existing source to do something similar to this based on groups I'm sure it wouldn't be to challenging to alter the code to make it user applicable only.

if (ugAccessLevel.security_level < 9)
            {

if (t.sub_unit.access_level == 1)
                    userCanEditThisTicket = true;
                else if (ugAccessLevel.security_level == t.sub_unit.access_level)

{
                        userCanEditThisTicket = true;
                }

else userCanEditThisTicket = false;
                intToPopATG = 10; //if the user level doesn't match the ticket then for them it is set to 10;
            }

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:51 AM

I am planning on adding this in when I get some free time (which is hard to come by at the moment), so I am going to move this to the issue tracker.

Mar 19, 2010 at 4:52 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.