Testing Slick Ticket

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:21 PM

I came up with the following error message when I try to apply the changes in "appearance" even though I believe I have set the permissions right. Thank you for your help.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Access to the path 'C:\helpdeskticket\css\theme.css' is denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\helpdeskticket\css\theme.css' is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

Line 132:        
Line 133:
Line 134:        File.Delete(cssThemeFile);
Line 135:        TextWriter tw = new StreamWriter(cssThemeFile);
Line 136:        tw.WriteLine(sb.ToString());

Source File: c:\helpdeskticket\admin\settings.aspx.cs    Line: 134

Coordinator
Jan 7, 2010 at 3:01 PM

You have to update your permissions in windows, you do not have the correct perms to write to that folder with the account

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Thank you for  the response. Which account? The ASP.Net account (network service) has a full control permission on that folder. I kept checking the permissions and I am still with no lucK. I am not sure what else I might need to check.

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:37 PM

You lead me to the right direction. I am using server 2008 and you know the tight security that came with it. On the installation  instructions it states to give the root (slickticket) folder  a read, excute and right permissions to authenticated users built in group. In server server 2008 I was supposed give additional "Modify" permissions to this folder. Once I did that , i was able to save the changes for appearance.