Initial Install Help! Active Directory error

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:07 PM

I am very excited to test out and implement this ticket system, but I am receiving an error during the AD setup step that has not been posted on this forum yet.  It appears to be having a problem retrieving the group information from AD for the currently logged in user.  But I'm no ASP expert and I could be wrong.  Any help would be appreciated!  Just for further clarification, the error happens after the db tables are built and I click next to populate the AD groups list.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 36:         ArrayList groups = new ArrayList();
Line 37:         foreach (System.Security.Principal.IdentityReference group in
Line 38:             System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.LogonUserIdentity.Groups)
Line 39:         {
Line 40:             groups.Add(group.Translate(typeof

Source File: c:\ticket\setup\active_directory.aspx.cs    Line: 38

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   setup_active_directory.Groups() in c:\ticket\setup\active_directory.aspx.cs:38
   setup_active_directory.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\ticket\setup\active_directory.aspx.cs:26
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +43
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +73
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +52
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2184
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2009 at 4:26 AM

Do you have anonymous access enabled?  That will break the system.