Installation Error

Sep 30, 2009 at 1:59 PM

It's probably something stupid, but I have done two clean installs and keep getting to this point.  I can successfully connect to the database using the control panel ODBC applet.  So close...

Thanks
Randy

Invalid object name 'dbo.users'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.users'.

Source Error:

Line 14:     public static bool Exists(dbDataContext db, string _user)
Line 15:     {
Line 16:         bool exists = (from p in db.users where p.userName.Equals(_user) select p).Count() > 0;
Line 17:         HttpContext.Current.Session["isUser"] = exists.ToString();
Line 18:         if (!exists)

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\App_Code\Users.cs    Line: 16

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:08 PM

OK, so 5 minutes after posting I figured it out.  For some reason I couldn't get the video to play so I was following the hard copy installation instructions.  I didn't see it in the instructions, but I found the .sql file in the setup folder and ran it to create all the tables.  That seems to have gotten me past that issue...

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Edited Sep 30, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Comment removed by author

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2009 at 5:33 AM

This can all be avoided if you start over and follow the installation instruction (by using the install Wizard).

There is an install video here: http://slick-ticket.com/videos.aspx

And the written instructions: http://wiki.slick-ticket.com/Installation.ashx

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:51 AM

I have followed the directions in the video and written and I still have this issue.  I'm not sure what else I could be doing wrong.  I never get to the setup wizard page, just this error page.

Oct 9, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I too followed the directions and it didn't work properly.  I'm not gonna gripe though because it seems to be a very cool app.  I appreciate someone who is willing to share their work with the community!

I think (keyword think) if you manually browse to  /setup/setup.aspx the setup wizard will run.  If that doesn't work try browsing to /setup/default.aspx.  I deleted this folder after installation (as per directions) and can't remember exactly which one it is.

I hope this is helpful.  If not, at least I tried :-)