This project is read-only.

Localized dates

Aug 25, 2009 at 2:56 PM

When a ticket is created or history added, the date seems to be stored as text, formatted correctly for my locale (UK) as dd/MM/yy

When the ticket is subsequently displayed, the dates are in the correct format but in the "My Tickets" list or search results, the date is displayed in US format - MM/dd/yy.

It's trivial to change it to the correct format (search/replace in project) for me but it really needs to be done properly (sorry, I haven't got the time right now...).

Aug 26, 2009 at 6:56 AM

This one is pretty simple, it is actually using the datetime format of your SQL machine I believe.  Anywhere you saw this:

<div><b>Last Action: </b><%# Eval("last_action") %></div>

substitute this:

<div><b>Last Action: </b><%# Convert.ToDateTime(Eval("last_action")).ToString() %></div>

 

That should use your localized DateTime display - I updated it and uploaded it to the source code if you want to grab it: http://slickticket.codeplex.com/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx

Aug 26, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Actually, I'm happy with the "last_action" rendering but the Search Results and My Tickets lists have the date format hard coded as MM/dd/yy.

 

Aug 26, 2009 at 4:32 PM

oooh, now I see, that is even easier, I just changed the:

DataFormatString="{0:MM/dd/yy}"

to

DataFormatString="{0:d}"

which will use the short date string which is localized - this is a better way to do it anyways.  It was uploaded to the source code.