This project is read-only.

Slick Ticket Installation Help

Aug 19, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Hello there.  I am trying to try out slick ticket to see if it would be a good fit for my organization.  I am having a little bit of trouble installing it on my machine to try it out.  I am having issues around step 1.3 of the installation guide.

1.3 - Folder Setup

• Copy all of the unzipped files from the download into your website folder assigned in IIS
  • Set read/write permissions on the root/setup folder to Everyone
  • Set read/write permissions on the root/attachments folder to Authenticated Users
  • Set read/write permissions on the App_Data folder to Authenticated Users

I copied all unzipped files from the download into my website folder (I put it under a new folder name -SlickTicket)

This is where I am running into trouble.  I am a little bit unsure how to set permissions using IIS.  I am currently using version 5.1 by the way.

The next set of instruction ask me to set read/write permission for each of those folders and assign them to groups.  From my limited understanding of IIS v5.1 setting permission is not that easy.

What I do is, I go to each of the specified folders, I right-click and open up the permissions wizard, from there I try and cobble together something similar to the requirements. 

Any help with this would be appreciated.  Unless I get this part done, I won't be able to go on and navigate to the setup page.  Thank you for your help.

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Sorry for the delay, I just got back from vacation.

I don't have any experience with IIS 5.1, so I am guessing that might be where your problems are coming from - can you upgrade to at least 6?

Also, make sure you have the most recent .Net framework installed, 3.5 is required.

Next, make sure you have .Net 2.0 framework enabled in IIS, it won't work without it.

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:16 PM
You can't run IIS 6.0 on windows xp can you? That is why I am trying
to install 5.1. Could you be more specific about the install steps
around 1.3? I understood and was able to do everything perfectly
until about those steps. And also, I was unable to log on to the
codeplex.com site using my username and passeword. For some reason, I
was unbale to enter the gmal.com part of my user name into the site?
Is there some kind of dynamic regex in the text field or perhaps a
character limit of some kind? Thanks.

Derek.
Aug 24, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Ignore the last complaint.  I was using the wrong user name.