This project is read-only.

some mods to new-ticket

Jul 31, 2009 at 3:46 AM

Hi all,

My organisation has recently started testing the Slick-Ticket system and we are pretty impressed with it so far, easy to install and configure.

Our IT department is relatively small and usually assign tasks to technicians. When creating new tickets, it would be good if there was an option to assign it to a particular user of a sub-group, that way we can assign jobs out through this system and not submit jobs then ask staff by other means of communication to assign themselves to a ticket.

also, another thing which would be good is to have a due date field on new tickets, so for jobs that need to be done by a certain date, we could specify that when creating the ticket.

Thanks

Daniel

Aug 22, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I will consider this when I work on V2 this upcoming Spring.  Thank you for your input.

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:32 AM
Edited Aug 27, 2009 at 7:37 AM

IT staff here numbers 13. Instead of assigning sub-groups, I created individual sub groups for each person. All tickets are assigned to single people. The minor downside is that people can't be part of more than one sub-group. If they could then you could create a group for all IT staff, all members of a given shift, individuals whatever and assign tickets to everyone they need to go to without having to really modify the way ST handles ticket creation.

Edit:

To further clarify: My own job description is MIS Technician. However, I have also been doing software development. I am forced to choose one or the other group to listen for tickets on, even though I have a minimum of three distinctly different groups I should be receiving tickets for. Regardless of the goal of isolating individuals for ticket assignment, people should be able to be part of multiple sub-groups. It fixes this issue, and addresses a separate issue at the same time.

Aug 27, 2009 at 11:59 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.