Urgent question - Escalations?

Jun 3, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to add the feature of automatic escalations to SlickTicket if tickets are ignored for a certain time? Is there enough flexibility to add this customization via the code? And if so, approximately how much time/effort would it approximately take?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2009 at 4:50 PM

I am not completely sure what you want, but this wouldn't be too hard to code in, possibly a day or so for the logic, more for the interface (again, need more details for the actual request), but time is hard for me to come by at the moment.

As of right now, you could look at the 'statistics' page in the admin section and find old tickets as they are already found somewhat.

Oct 6, 2010 at 11:44 PM

First sorry to bring an old post to the surface, but I'm wondering if it would also be possible to add some SLA or auto notify system to SlickTicket.

I've used and worked on several ticketing systems, mostly Remedy and CA's system. I understand what asaaki is asking about.

From what I have looked at(code and documentation), to do an escalation system would require some rewriting and adding some system that could schedule times that it will check open/assigned tickets for none closer/resolution.

For example: if a High priority ticket needs to be closed in 1 hour, per some SLA, then the scheduling system would need to check every 5 or 15 minutes.
Tickets with SLA time of 1 hour would be escalated to the user's manager.

An escalation could simply be an email to the group or sub-group of what the ticket is under.

For a short term fix would to create a setting page for the statistics.
example, be able to change the 1,3,7 days to x <hours,days,weeks> kind of selections.

Right now I'm trying to modify the current code to work for my small IT shops needs. :)

Thanks!

~Some random IT guy

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM

For something like this there are two approaches I can see.

The first would be scheduling a server job to check every X minutes, then update the database accordingly - this would require some VBS, Kixtart etc.

The other way would be to 'schedule' a job in the web app.  I don't know of a really good way to do this, maybe check a local xml file for the last 'check' and if it is past the hour, run a Method that checks open tickets for overdues and deals with them.  I would put this in the DomainModel and call it from the WebUI on set check times.  I suppose it really would not be difficult to implement, but I don't think I plan on implementing it unless I get more requests for a feature like this.  

If you need any help, let me know - I dont have a lot of time this semester, school is killing me, but I will try; good luck!