<authentication mode="Windows"/>

Apr 9, 2009 at 3:31 AM
  I am getting this error can any one help to solve it

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 51:             ASP.NET to identify an incoming user. 
Line 52:         -->
Line 53: <authentication mode="Windows"/>Line 54: 		<!--
Line 55:             The <customErrors> section enables configuration 

Source File: D:\Perundurai Reports\ISD Dept\slickticket-14770\web.config    Line: 53

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2009 at 7:55 AM
Am I correct in assuming this is in a sub-folder of another application?

Is the root application Windows Authenitication enabled?
Apr 17, 2009 at 5:33 AM
No wi have changed and it is able to work
one doubt in every syustem when i open this the administrator menu is appearing for all will that appear ? and how to add user
i want to identified whow have rissed the ticket how to identify
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2009 at 8:13 AM
I am glad you got it to work!

I am sorry, but I do not understand your questions.
Apr 17, 2009 at 8:16 AM

I am getting Administrative rights for all user in all PC

How to restrict that

Regards

Palaniappan N

http://pndcer1/

P Dont Print -> SAVE TREES.

Please SHUTDOWN -> Save Power -> Save the World.

“Quality Through error-free Execution “

Reply to : palaniappann@parrywareroca.com

Sent: 17 April 2009 13:43
To: Palaniappan-N-DyMgr-Systems-PRW-PND
Subject: Re: <authentication mode="Windows"/> [slickticket:52752]

I am glad you got it to work!

I am sorry, but I do not understand your questions.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2009 at 1:25 PM
Sounds like you have anonymous access enabled in IIS - this has to be turned off for ST to work properly.
Apr 18, 2009 at 4:28 AM

I have disable the anonymous access ok but how to access the Administrator menu it is not getting open even in server

Can you help me !

Regards

Palaniappan N

Sent: 17 April 2009 18:55

Sounds like you have anonymous access enabled in IIS - this has to be turned off for ST to work properly.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2009 at 6:21 AM

Slick-Ticket assigned admin rights to the very first user to log in to the system.  Generally, this is the person who installed it.  You can manually give anyone permissions in the Database if you go into the 'users' table.

Something like this would work:

UPDATE    users
SET             is_admin = 'True'
WHERE     (userName = 'some.username')

Apr 18, 2009 at 7:03 AM

Thank you

I have  made it

It is working fine

Regards

Palaniappan N

Sent: 18 April 2009 11:52

Slick-Ticket assigned admin rights to the very first user to log in to the system. Generally, this is the person who installed it. You can manually give anyone permissions in the Database if you go into the 'users' table.

Something like this would work:

UPDATE users
SET is_admin = 'True'
WHERE (userName = 'some.username')