Making the Slick-Ticket Multilingual

Apr 7, 2009 at 3:16 PM
Hi
since I am not a programmer, is there any one help making it language selectable?
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2009 at 7:37 AM
No one is currently making this language selectable, sorry, I do not have that knowledge :(
May 8, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Dear naspinski,

I'm translating SlickTicket in Italian, if you want I can send you a copy.

Coordinator
May 10, 2009 at 8:07 AM

that would be awesome!

One of these days I will globalize it.

May 11, 2009 at 11:26 AM

perfect!

in some days I'll finish to translate and I'll sent you a copy!

bye

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Hi,

I'm interesting to the translation in french. I need to know if you had create folder for every language which you put translated *.aspx files or do you preceeded differently ?

Thank you,

Coordinator
Jul 8, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I am embarrassed to say that I did not take a proper approach for globalization - in truth I never expected this to get popular enough that other languages would be needed.  When I get back to normal life (working in baghdad right now) I should work on globalizing it properly, but until then, there is really no way built in to do it.

Jul 8, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Thank you for your answer. I'm working on the french translation. It's a part of my traineeship. If you want I can send you the translation when it will be finished.

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Slick-Ticket is now globalized! (Version 2 that is)

My lack of ability to speak another language means it still is only in english, BUT, it is simple to translate now. 

I wrote a tutorial on how to translate the program even if you don't know one bit of programming, it is very simple: http://naspinski.net/post/Translating-an-AspNET-site-to-Another-Language-Using-resx-Files.aspx

If you translate it, PLEASE let me have a copy of your translated .resx files so other people can benefit from the use!

Feb 12, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Hi all

did you have the french translated .resx files in your next realease package ?

I need them ;)

tks lot

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2010 at 10:19 PM

We do not yet have a French translation, but it is very easy to do if you are willing to help out the community :)

http://wiki.slick-ticket.com/How%20to%20translate%20Slick-Ticket%20into%20another%20language.ashx