Installation Parse Error

Mar 14, 2009 at 7:30 PM
Hi

During the installation i get the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The file '/setup/setup.master' does not exist.

Source Error:

Line 5:  http://naspinski.net
Line 6:  --%>
Line 7:  <%@ Page Title="" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/setup/setup.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="setup_Default" %>
Line 8:  
Line 9:  <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="head" Runat="Server">

Source File: /Slick-Ticket v1.02/setup/default.aspx    Line: 7

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

I dont understand what this error means. After an extensive google seach i have followed guidlines to check the directory structure, permissions and this all seems to be ok.

Your help is appreciated.

Cheers
Carl

Coordinator
Mar 15, 2009 at 7:16 AM
That is simply a .Net error stating that the file setup.master is not found, are you sure you see it in the directory structure?
Mar 15, 2009 at 2:22 PM
Hi napspinski

Thanks for your reply. The directory structure was correct. To sovle this i replace
MasterPageFile="~/setup/setup.master" 
with
MasterPageFile="./setup/setup.master" 

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:23 PM
However, i am now met with the following error: - i have also look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304656 which hasnt helped me :(

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'dbDataContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 12: public partial class MasterPage : System.Web.UI.MasterPage
Line 13: {
Line 14:     dbDataContext db;
Line 15:     bool userIsRegistered;
Line 16:     bool isAdmin;

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\slickticket\MasterPage.master.cs    Line: 14

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Are you setting this up as a non-root application?  That is why these problems are popping up.

If that is the case, you might wnat to move the App_Code and App_Data folders to the root, as this is going to cause all sorts of problems - keep in mind that might bring on more problems as it has not been tested.

dbDataContext will be a class that is made by the db.dbml file in the App_Code folder.  Asp.Net automatically looks for classes in teh App_Code folder in the root, if this is not in the root (as I would assume by you having to change the root (~) to current(.)) it is not going to be recognized.

Ideally, this should be run as it's own application with its own app pool as its own 'website' - that is how it was designed.