This project is read-only.

Install Issues

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:09 PM

After setting up SQL 2005, IIS, and creating the tables my next set is the AD setup. Here is where I run into problems. I get the following when clicking on AD setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also get different messages on other links i click on, but i will start with this one.

thanks,

bill

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid object name 'dbo.security_levels'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.security_levels'.

Source Error:

Line 21:         if (!IsPostBack)
Line 22:         {
Line 23: foreach (security_level s in (from p in db.security_levels where p.id > 1 select p))Line 24:                 ddlLevels.Items.Add(new ListItem(s.id.ToString() + " " + s.security_level_name, s.id.ToString()));
Line 25: 

Source File: c:\SlickTicket\setup\active_directory.aspx.cs    Line: 23

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'dbo.security_levels'.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1950890
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4846875
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +83
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +954
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader() +12
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.Execute(Expression query, QueryInfo queryInfo, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] parentArgs, Object[] userArgs, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries, Object lastResult) +975
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.ExecuteAll(Expression query, QueryInfo[] queryInfos, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] userArguments, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries) +113
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) +344
   System.Data.Linq.DataQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<T>.GetEnumerator() +35
   setup_active_directory.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\SlickTicket\setup\active_directory.aspx.cs:23
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Mar 3, 2009 at 10:01 AM
It looks like there was en error building your SQL tables that the install program did not catch.

Can you look in your DB and verify that there is a table 'security_levels'?

If not, you will want to wipe out your DB completely, re-make one and re-run the installation.  Also, if you do this, make sure to set all the values to false in /setup/setup_data/setup.xml or just download a deault copy form http://slickticket.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/9491#110699
Mar 3, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Thank you for your response. I have checked the database and there is a security_levels table. Also, I get similar errors when going to other links on the finish page, dbo.users and dbo.styles which were both created in the SQL database. I have started from scratch with slick ticket 9491 as well and continue to get these errors. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:02 AM
To: William Roberts
Subject: Re: Install Issues [slickticket:48966]

It looks like there was en error building your SQL tables that the install program did not catch.

Can you look in your DB and verify that there is a table 'security_levels'?

If not, you will want to wipe out your DB completely, re-make one and re-run the installation. Also, if you do this, make sure to set all the values to false in /setup/setup_data/setup.xml or just download a deault copy form http://slickticket.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/9491#110699

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:00 PM
I would just start from scratch, something happened during the install.

Is your DB named SlickTicket exactly?  Is that the one referenced by your ConnectionString?

In SQL Server Mgmt Studio, are teh DBs showing up as dbo.security_levels and not DOMAIN\USERNAME.security_levels?
Mar 3, 2009 at 7:04 PM

The database is named SlickTicket and the table is dbo.security_levels, they are all dbo. I will start from scratch and let you know what happenes.

Thanks,

Bill

Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 1:00 PM

Is your DB named SlickTicket exactly? Is that the one referenced by your ConnectionString?

In SQL Server Mgmt Studio, are teh DBs showing up as dbo.security_levels and not DOMAIN\USERNAME.security_levels?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email slickticket@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Started from scratch and after the database creation I click the next button and AD Setup and got the following, seems to be the same as the last attempt.

Thanks,

Bill

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid object name 'dbo.security_levels'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.security_levels'.

Source Error:

Line 21:         if (!IsPostBack)
Line 22:         {
Line 23:             foreach (security_level s in (from p in db.security_levels where p.id > 1 select p))
Line 24:                 ddlLevels.Items.Add(new ListItem(s.id.ToString() + " " + s.security_level_name, s.id.ToString()));
Line 25: 

Source File: c:\SlickTicket\setup\active_directory.aspx.cs Line: 23

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'dbo.security_levels'.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1950890
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4846875
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +83
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +954
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader() +12
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.Execute(Expression query, QueryInfo queryInfo, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] parentArgs, Object[] userArgs, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries, Object lastResult) +975
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.ExecuteAll(Expression query, QueryInfo[] queryInfos, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] userArguments, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries) +113
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) +344
   System.Data.Linq.DataQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<T>.GetEnumerator() +35
   setup_active_directory.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\SlickTicket\setup\active_directory.aspx.cs:23
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Is your DB named SlickTicket exactly? Is that the one referenced by your ConnectionString?

Mar 4, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Does AD need to be installed on the server running Slick Ticket?

Thanks,

Bill

Mar 5, 2009 at 7:10 AM
you can use it without AD, see this post: http://slickticket.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=45579

Also, you will want to patch the utils.cs file with this file: http://www.codeplex.com/slickticket/SourceControl/changeset/view/9491#110847
Mar 5, 2009 at 11:44 AM
yes i understand it can be used in a non AD enviroment, however we have an AD Domain enviroment and will be using with AD. i guess my question is if you are usig AD does is have to be installed on the slick ticket server.

thanks,

bill

Sent: Thu 3/5/2009 1:10 AM

you can use it without AD, see this post: http://slickticket.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=45579

Also, you will want to patch the utils.cs file with this file: http://www.codeplex.com/slickticket/SourceControl/changeset/view/9491#110847 <http://www.codeplex.com/slickticket/SourceControl/changeset/view/9491#110847>

Read the full discussion online <http://slickticket.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=48966&ANCHOR#Post164658> .

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[slickticket:48966]> )

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe <http://www.codeplex.com/site/discussions/thread/unsubscribe/48966> on codePlex.com.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner <http://www.mailscanner.info/> , and is
believed to be clean.
Mar 5, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I patched the utils.cs file and found the same result. I really like this product and want to use, any other ideas?

Thanks,

bill

Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 1:10 AM

you can use it without AD, see this post: http://slickticket.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=45579

Also, you will want to patch the utils.cs file with this file: http://www.codeplex.com/slickticket/SourceControl/changeset/view/9491#110847

Mar 5, 2009 at 2:15 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2009 at 2:23 PM
No, you don't have to install anything special on your server, the needed dlls are included in the bin.

I have asked a few times if you have tried to start from scratch but haven't gotten a response, have you?
Normally I wouldn't be so adamant about it, but I have not heard of this problem before - I think somethin ggot lost in translation somewhere, and the easiest way would be to start over.

I would like you to use the software as well, hopefully we can get you up and running.
Mar 5, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I’m sorry I thought I put that in an email; yes I have started from scratch twice and get the same result.

Thanks for your help,

Bill

Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 8:16 AM

No, you don't have to install anything special on your server, the needed dlls are included in the bin.

I have asked a few times if you have tried to start from scratch but haven't gotten a response, have you?
Normally I wouldn't be so adamant about it, but I have not heard of this problem before - I think somethin ggot lost in translation somewhere, and the easiest way would be to start over.

Jun 15, 2010 at 8:22 PM

I'm getting the exact same problem so I don't think it's unique to poor Bill Roberts. I'm using the alpha version which shows as the latest available download.

The tables have data in them.  It just can't execute line 23.

Jun 16, 2010 at 11:17 AM

This error is because the tables are not filled - wich happens in the setup wizard - are you running through the setup program at the beginning or just trying to run the program right away?

The setup program can be run by going to yourserver/setup

Jul 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM
+1 on this same error.
Jul 28, 2010 at 9:17 AM

if you look at the dbml: http://slickticket.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/46992#686217 you can see that 'security_levels' is a valid object in the dbml.

But, I may have forgotten to compile that dll prior to my last upload, so try the newest one - I tested it and it worked.

Mar 4, 2011 at 2:02 PM

It was not the dll. i tried the change set 52723 and i got the same error.
I tried multiple builds and for me the last working change set is 32888.

This is the error for change set 32927 (i got the same with all up to 52723).

Serverfehler in der Anwendung /.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Netzwerkbezogener oder instanzspezifischer Fehler beim Herstellen einer Verbindung mit SQL Server. Der Server wurde nicht gefunden, oder auf ihn kann nicht zugegriffen werden. �berpr�fen Sie, ob der Instanzname richtig ist und ob SQL Server Remoteverbindungen zul�sst. (provider: SQL-Netzwerkschnittstellen, error: 26 - Fehler beim Bestimmen des angegebenen Servers/der angegebenen Instanz) 
Beschreibung: Unbehandelte Ausnahme beim Ausf�hren der aktuellen Webanforderung. �berpr�fen Sie die Stapel�berwachung, um weitere Informationen �ber diesen Fehler anzuzeigen und festzustellen, wo der Fehler im Code verursacht wurde. 

Ausnahmedetails: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Netzwerkbezogener oder instanzspezifischer Fehler beim Herstellen einer Verbindung mit SQL Server. Der Server wurde nicht gefunden, oder auf ihn kann nicht zugegriffen werden. �berpr�fen Sie, ob der Instanzname richtig ist und ob SQL Server Remoteverbindungen zul�sst. (provider: SQL-Netzwerkschnittstellen, error: 26 - Fehler beim Bestimmen des angegebenen Servers/der angegebenen Instanz)

Quellfehler: 

Zeile 21:         if (!IsPostBack)
Zeile 22:         {
Zeile 23:             foreach (security_level s in (from p in db.security_levels where p.id > 1 select p))
Zeile 24:                 ddlLevels.Items.Add(new ListItem(s.id.ToString() + " " + s.security_level_name, s.id.ToString()));
Zeile 25: 

Quelldatei: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\slickticket\setup\active_directory.aspx.cs    Zeile: 23 

Stapel�berwachung: 

[SqlException (0x80131904): Netzwerkbezogener oder instanzspezifischer Fehler beim Herstellen einer Verbindung mit SQL Server. Der Server wurde nicht gefunden, oder auf ihn kann nicht zugegriffen werden. �berpr�fen Sie, ob der Instanzname richtig ist und ob SQL Server Remoteverbindungen zul�sst. (provider: SQL-Netzwerkschnittstellen, error: 26 - Fehler beim Bestimmen des angegebenen Servers/der angegebenen Instanz)]
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +578
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +84
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +1649271
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +258
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlConnectionManager.UseConnection(IConnectionUser user) +65
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.get_IsSqlCe() +33
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.InitializeProviderMode() +32
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) +63
   System.Data.Linq.DataQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator() +45
   setup_active_directory.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\slickticket\setup\active_directory.aspx.cs:23
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Versionsinformationen: Microsoft .NET Framework-Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET-Version:2.0.50727.4016 

i tried everything you described an nothing worked.
any ideas?

Best regards,
dawid

Mar 4, 2011 at 3:14 PM

It looks like the table is not populated - can you check to see if there is anything in there?

Mar 7, 2011 at 9:54 AM
Edited Mar 7, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Sure. This is my query and what i got back. Change set 52723.

If i can do anything else, just say it.

And this is the error-message for change set 52723

Netzwerkbezogener oder instanzspezifischer Fehler beim Herstellen einer Verbindung mit SQL Server. Der Server wurde nicht gefunden, oder auf ihn kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Überprüfen Sie, ob der Instanzname richtig ist und ob SQL Server Remoteverbindungen zulässt. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Fehler beim Bestimmen des angegebenen Servers/der angegebenen Instanz)

<!-- body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } -->

Serverfehler in der Anwendung /.

Netzwerkbezogener oder instanzspezifischer Fehler beim Herstellen einer Verbindung mit SQL Server. Der Server wurde nicht gefunden, oder auf ihn kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Überprüfen Sie, ob der Instanzname richtig ist und ob SQL Server Remoteverbindungen zulässt. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Fehler beim Bestimmen des angegebenen Servers/der angegebenen Instanz)

Beschreibung: Unbehandelte Ausnahme beim Ausführen der aktuellen Webanforderung. Überprüfen Sie die Stapelüberwachung, um weitere Informationen über diesen Fehler anzuzeigen und festzustellen, wo der Fehler im Code verursacht wurde.

Ausnahmedetails: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Netzwerkbezogener oder instanzspezifischer Fehler beim Herstellen einer Verbindung mit SQL Server. Der Server wurde nicht gefunden, oder auf ihn kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Überprüfen Sie, ob der Instanzname richtig ist und ob SQL Server Remoteverbindungen zulässt. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Fehler beim Bestimmen des angegebenen Servers/der angegebenen Instanz)

Quellfehler:

Zeile 22:         if (!IsPostBack)
Zeile 23:         {
Zeile 24:             foreach (security_level s in (from p in db.security_levels where p.id > 1 select p))
Zeile 25:                 ddlLevels.Items.Add(new ListItem(s.id.ToString() + " " + s.security_level_name, s.id.ToString()));
Zeile 26: 

Quelldatei: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\slickticket-bug\setup\active_directory.aspx.cs    Zeile: 24

Stapelüberwachung:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Netzwerkbezogener oder instanzspezifischer Fehler beim Herstellen einer Verbindung mit SQL Server. Der Server wurde nicht gefunden, oder auf ihn kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Überprüfen Sie, ob der Instanzname richtig ist und ob SQL Server Remoteverbindungen zulässt. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Fehler beim Bestimmen des angegebenen Servers/der angegebenen Instanz)]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +6277312
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +412
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity) +6291674
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnection owningObject) +180
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, TimeoutTimer timeout) +6292101
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +6291977
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +352
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) +831
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) +49
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) +6293782
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) +78
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +1922
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +89
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +6296606
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +300
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlConnectionManager.UseConnection(IConnectionUser user) +61
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.get_IsSqlCe() +38
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.InitializeProviderMode() +30
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) +63
   System.Data.Linq.DataQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<T>.GetEnumerator() +54
   setup_active_directory.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\slickticket-bug\setup\active_directory.aspx.cs:24
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3048

Versionsinformationen: Microsoft .NET Framework-Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET-Version:4.0.30319.1

<!-- [SqlException]: Netzwerkbezogener oder instanzspezifischer Fehler beim Herstellen einer Verbindung mit SQL Server. Der Server wurde nicht gefunden, oder auf ihn kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Überprüfen Sie, ob der Instanzname richtig ist und ob SQL Server Remoteverbindungen zulässt. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Fehler beim Bestimmen des angegebenen Servers/der angegebenen Instanz) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnection owningObject) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, TimeoutTimer timeout) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() bei System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlConnectionManager.UseConnection(IConnectionUser user) bei System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.get_IsSqlCe() bei System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.InitializeProviderMode() bei System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) bei System.Data.Linq.DataQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<T>.GetEnumerator() bei setup_active_directory.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\slickticket-bug\setup\active_directory.aspx.cs:Zeile 24. bei System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) bei System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) [HttpUnhandledException]: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.Web.HttpUnhandledException" wurde ausgelöst. bei System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) bei ASP.setup_active_directory_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\e87ee760\d098af88\App_Web_dmospk51.4.cs:Zeile 0. bei System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() bei System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) -->
Mar 7, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Ok, I translated the errors this time, and it looks like you are not connecting to the database from inside the program.  It is populated, but the error:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Netzwerkbezogener oder instanzspezifischer Fehler beim Herstellen einer Verbindung mit SQL Server. Der Server wurde nicht gefunden, oder auf ihn kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Überprüfen Sie, ob der Instanzname richtig ist und ob SQL Server Remoteverbindungen zulässt. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Fehler beim Bestimmen des angegebenen Servers/der angegebenen Instanz)

states that the connection is not being made.  Double check your connectionstring.

Mar 8, 2011 at 6:34 AM
Edited Mar 8, 2011 at 6:38 AM

I understand what you mean. Because of that i checked my connection string before i wrote the post.

Whatever. I double checked my connection string again.
The database source and the catalog
are spelled correctly (i checked them forward and backward). This is my connection string...

<connectionStrings>
<add name="SlickTicket" connectionString=" Data Source=.\MYDATABASENAME; Initial Catalog=SlickTicket; Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

I started a new installation from scratch and the connection string works for the first part of the installation. When i click on next and it forwards me to the page "http://localhost:8088/setup/active_directory.aspx" i get the above error.

Hmmm.. how can the connection string be responsible for the error if i have used it previously to write the tables to the database?
And im using exactly the same connection string in my working
installation (change set 32888).

thanks for your help