Installation Issue

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I get the following error when going to /root/setup/

Server Error
401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

I have a Win2008R2 box running the website and another Win2008R2 box running the SQL.

I've was trying to follow, http://slickticket.codeplex.com/discussions/213914, but I've discovered that that is only for local setups. Having the SQL and WEB on the same server.

Can anyone give me a hand with this?
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM
You can get better error information from by doing this: -> select your site -> click on error pages -> edit feature settings -> select Detailed errors

This is an IIS config error, so hopefully that will get you going.
Mar 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Here is the error page.

Error Summary
HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized
You are not authorized to view this page due to invalid authentication headers. Detailed Error InformationModule IIS Web Core
Notification AuthenticateRequest
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070005
Requested URL http://server-web:808/setup/ Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SlickTicket\setup\ Logon Method Not yet determined Logon User Not yet determined Most likely causes: No authentication protocol (including anonymous) is selected in IIS.
Only integrated authentication is enabled, and a client browser was used that does not support integrated authentication.
Integrated authentication is enabled and the request was sent through a proxy that changed the authentication headers before they reach the Web server.
The Web server is not configured for anonymous access and a required authorization header was not received.
The "configuration/system.webServer/authorization" configuration section may be explicitly denying the user access.
Things you can try:
Verify the authentication setting for the resource and then try requesting the resource using that authentication method.
Verify that the client browser supports Integrated authentication.
Verify that the request is not going through a proxy when Integrated authentication is used.
Verify that the user is not explicitly denied access in the "configuration/system.webServer/authorization" configuration section.
Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.
Links and More InformationThis error occurs when the WWW-Authenticate header sent to the Web server is not supported by the server configuration. Check the authentication method for the resource, and verify which authentication method the client used. The error occurs when the authentication methods are different. To determine which type of authentication the client is using, check the authentication settings for the client.
View more information »

Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles:

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Did you try googling the answer? Might be faster than this forum - this isn't an app specific error.
Mar 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I have tried googling the error messages that I have been getting. I am trying this forum after two days off trying to get it working.
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Like I said, this isn't an application error, it is an IIS error, so I am not sure if I can be of much help. Try this? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942043
Mar 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Thanks for the help but I am moving to a differnet product.
May 2, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Is this guy for real?!
Did you invest money in the product or something similar to that?!

naspinski - Thx for working hard to give us this amazing tool for free, and please ignore these type of responses.
Coordinator
May 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Thank you 3986 - can't please everyone - wish I had charged him more ;)