This project is read-only.

Error during setup of new installation.

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:10 PM

So my employer is wanting to move to Windows Server 2012 as soon as it is feasible. I set up a Windows Server 2012 VM using VMware, installed IIS8 and the Application Server, installed SQL Server 2012 Express, downloaded all updates, then proceeded to setup SlickTicket.

I followed these instructions to the letter. When I get to 2.1 and running the installation script (at http://localhost/setup/), I get the following error:

"HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Module: IIS Web Core

Error Code: 0x800700b7

Config Error: There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined

Config File: \\?\C:\inetpub\slickticket-28536\web.config on line #14"

What changes do I need to make to get setup to run?

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I do not have any experience with IIS8 in a Server 2012 environment, so I cannot help you here - anyone else possibly?

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Generally this issue is about change configuration from aspnet 2.0 to aspnet 4.x

you have to remove the syste.webextension which is duplicated into the webconfig

In your case you can comment each lines which give u an error and you will fix in 2-3 steps

Nothing else 

Bye 

Giorgio