Error Database creation

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM

slickticket v2.0,  Windows 2008R2 , IIS7, SQL Server 2005 V.9, .Net 2

every time i try to create the database tables for slickticket i get the following error:

An error occured: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Fehler bei der Anmeldung für den Benutzer 'slickuser Password=Passwort22'. bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) bei System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) bei System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) bei System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() bei setup_build_database.btnRunSQL_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\slick_ticket\setup\build_database.aspx.cs:Zeile 44.

Error for the login for the user ...

The Username and password is correct, i can login with the management studio with this login. and i created a .udl-file and tested the connection with this username and login and it says ok.

To install slick ticket i did everything just like it is explained in the wiki.

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Somehow that login is failing from SlickTicket - that is what the error message is, correct?  Triple check your connectionString, and make sure that the instance is allowing remote access.

According to the error message, this is not a Slick-Ticket problem, but a connection problem.

Sep 18, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Hi 

I am also having this problem when trying to install SlickTicket.  I have create the database and the web site, yet when i click on the create tables button during set-up i get this:

An error occured: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "SlickTicket" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'IIS APPPOOL\Slick-Ticket'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at setup_build_database.btnRunSQL_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Slick-Ticket\setup\build_database.aspx.cs:line 44

I don't think i set any authentication on my sql express database (when i connect to it through the Management Studio i just have it set to Windows Authentication and it has my Administrator username but no password specified.

Any help you can provide would be great, as a note i am a Network engineer and don't have any experience with SQL or IIS so please be gentle with me ;o)

Thanks

Martin

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM

This is simply a connection error:

Login failed for user 'IIS APPPOOL\Slick-Ticket'

You just need to give permissions to that account to the Database so it can CREATE.

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Hi naspinski,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  I have checked but I cannot find a user call IIS APPPOOL\Slick-Ticket anywhere.  How would i go about giving this user permission?

Thanks again for your help.

Martin

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Hi Again,

Somehow I have gotten a little bit further along the install.  i have got to where you click on the profile but i am getting this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. 
Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
Source Error: 
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  
Stack Trace: 

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]   System.Reflection.Assembly._GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +0   System.Web.UI.NamespaceTagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs, Boolean throwOnError) +209   System.Web.UI.TagPrefixTagNameToTypeMapper.System.Web.UI.ITagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs) +210   System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType2(String tagName, IDictionary attribs, Boolean fAllowHtmlTags) +242   System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs, Boolean fAllowHtmlTags) +17   System.Web.UI.RootBuilder.GetChildControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs) +22   System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.CreateChildBuilder(String filter, String tagName, IDictionary attribs, TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder parentBuilder, String id, Int32 line, VirtualPath virtualPath, Type& childType, Boolean defaultProperty) +119   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessBeginTag(Match match, String inputText) +605   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding) +1334

Any ideas on what i havent done to get this error?

Martin

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2012 at 4:45 PM

You are going to have to talk to your server admin for this one - sorry.