This project is read-only.

Change text on a web page

Sep 20, 2011 at 6:51 PM

We'd like to change the text on the new ticket page (new_ticket.aspx) to give a specific format instruction for the topic when submitting tickets rather than just the label of "Topic". Something along the lines of "Topic - Please label as building/room/issue"

Changing the text in new_ticket.aspx doesn't change the label on the form, though. The text was changed in the file, and viewing it in the design view of VS Express shows the topic label has changed, but the actual web page served to the client browser doesn't have anything beyond "Topic." What are we missing?

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:17 PM

YOu will need to edit the .resx files - they hold all the text for localization reasons.

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Will you be creating a new install package anytime soon?

With Best Regards,

Harry Deeley

IT Manager

Altronic, LLC

Sep 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM
naspinski wrote:

YOu will need to edit the .resx files - they hold all the text for localization reasons.

I've changed app_localresources/en/new_ticket.aspx.en.resx and app_localresources/new_ticket.aspx.resx and recycled the app pools and restarted IIS. Still when I click on "New Ticket" the label for the Topic box is "Topic", not what I set it to under the resx files. I cleared my browser cache and I checked on the server that the region is set to English (US).

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Newest release is here: http://slickticket.codeplex.com/releases/view/46265 though it has not been tagged a release - it is stable.

As for changing the resx files, you will need to recompile for the changes to be represented.

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:36 PM
Edited Sep 21, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Recompile as in get to compile under VS 2010 Express, or is there something else to trigger this change? I looked at the tutorial on changing languages via the resx files and I didn't see any step that included recompiling the resx files.

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Will there be a patch created to install the new version?

I am not sure on how to update without a patch….

Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 12:27 PM
To: harry.deeley@hoerbiger.com
Subject: Re: Change text on a web page [slickticket:273225]

Newest release is here: http://slickticket.codeplex.com/releases/view/46265 though it has not been tagged a release - it is stable.

As for changing the resx files, you will need to recompile for the changes to be represented.