Mailbox unavailable. the server response was: 5.7.1 unable to relay

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Hello,

I just came across Slick Ticket and I have spent the last 4 hours or so getting it to work. I have everything setup, system works great; however, I cannot get the email function to work when submitting tickets.

On the General Settings tab, I have myself as the admin contact (dgoodman@accessnursing.net) and have tried numerous combinations for the system email and SMTP server settings (the current one I have is dgoodman@accessnursing.net for the system email address and our SMTP server address).

I am just looking for a place to start. I have read every post on here regarding email, SMTP, 5.7.1 etc. I have used the googler as well with no success.

Thanks

Dan

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2011 at 8:24 PM

My first guess is that your mail server may not have relaying enabled?

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2011 at 8:40 PM

You could also modify the code to send email with IIS: http://codebetter.com/petervanooijen/2006/04/05/using-localhost-as-mailserver-5-7-1-unable-to-relay-for-xxx/

Aug 5, 2011 at 1:13 PM
naspinski wrote:

My first guess is that your mail server may not have relaying enabled?

After thinking about it on my way home, I decided to check the group settings. I followed your steps in the video and just joined the test_unit group during the setup...when I checked the settings for that group it had a "dummy@dummy.org" email address...I changed it to my email and it worked.

Thanks for the ideas. Now that I've got everything working, I'm sure I will be on here a few more times as I start messing around with groups, users, etc.