Can't open Profile.aspx - Server Error in '/' Application.

Jan 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Hello,

I am able to create the database tables successfully but when trying to access the Profile screen, settings page, etc... I get the following error;

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
   System.Reflection.Assembly._GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +0
   System.Web.UI.NamespaceTagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs, Boolean throwOnError) +98
   System.Web.UI.NamespaceTagNameToTypeMapper.System.Web.UI.ITagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs) +11
   System.Web.UI.TagPrefixTagNameToTypeMapper.System.Web.UI.ITagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs) +127
   System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType2(String tagName, IDictionary attribs, Boolean fAllowHtmlTags) +228
   System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs, Boolean fAllowHtmlTags) +28
   System.Web.UI.RootBuilder.GetChildControlType(String tagName, IDictionary attribs) +20
   System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.CreateChildBuilder(String filter, String tagName, IDictionary attribs, TemplateParser parser, ControlBuilder parentBuilder, String id, Int32 line, VirtualPath virtualPath, Type& childType, Boolean defaultProperty) +69
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessBeginTag(Match match, String inputText) +526
   System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding) +926

I am completely stumped and frustrated with this as I just can't understand the error. I am a SQL neophyte but since the db tables are getting created, I don't think it's a SQL problem and I've opened up all of the permissions I can think of to allow access/communication. I am running SlickTicket from my local machine and connecting to a SQL Server 2008 db on another server (I did this because I could not get SlickTicket to connect at all, with any credentials, to SQL Server Express 2005 or 2008). IIS 7 is configured with Windows Authentication enabled and Anonymous login disabled. The Home Directory path is pointing to my local machine hard drive, C:\SlickTicket so it isn't a UNC path/mapping issue. If someone could please shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it as I've been struggling to get this program setup for 4 days now with no success.

Thanks in advance,

Gabe

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Sorry, but I do not know what is causing this, I have never seen that error in my years of .Net/IIS.. :(

Maybe try on eof the .Net/Microsoft forums or something like http://stackoverflow.com as I don't think this error is because of Slick-Ticket, but your machine setup.

Sorry I can't help, and good luck - if you figure it out, please share the solution in case someone else runs into it.

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:30 PM

I ran into the same error message found the solution on stackoverflow .. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2242039/system-web-aspnethostingpermission-exception-on-new-deployment  Basically I had to go into my DefaultAppPool Application Pool advanced settings and change "Load User Profile" from false to true.  I was then able to get into the profile page.  Not sure if this will work for everyone but it seemed to work for me.