Cannot open database "SlickTicket" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'BACKUPSERVER\ASPNET'.

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Hi,

I have been trying to setup SlickTicket on a WinXP SP3 box.

I have followed your instructions but I am still having issues. I am getting this error when I go to the default.aspx page:

Cannot open database "SlickTicket" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'BACKUPSERVER\ASPNET'.

So I decided to try to add ASPNET to the users in the SlickTicket db and I get an error stating "invalid users.dbo" now.

Any Help?

Thanks

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:31 PM

This is the exact error when I add ASPNET to the SlickTicket db.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid object name 'dbo.users'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.users'.

Source Error:

Line 49:     public static user Get(dbDataContext db, string name)
Line 50: {
Line 51: return db.users.First(u => u.userName.Equals(name));
Line 52: }
Line 53:

Source File: c:\Inetpub\slickticket\App_Code\Users.cs    Line: 51

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'dbo.users'.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1950890
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4846875
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +83
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +954
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader() +12
System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.Execute(Expression query, QueryInfo queryInfo, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] parentArgs, Object[] userArgs, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries, Object lastResult) +332
System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.ExecuteAll(Expression query, QueryInfo[] queryInfos, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] userArguments, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries) +113
System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) +344
System.Data.Linq.Table`1.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression) +49
System.Linq.Queryable.First(IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 predicate) +301
Users.Get(dbDataContext db, String name) in c:\Inetpub\slickticket\App_Code\Users.cs:51
admin_admin.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Inetpub\slickticket\admin\admin.master.cs:15
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3615; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3618

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 7:16 PM

It looks like the SlickTicket database has not been actually set up - did you run the setup program first?

Please check the documentation: http://wiki.slick-ticket.com/Installation.ashx

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Hi,

I decided to try it on Win2k8 R2 and I got it working. Had to configure and modify IIS alittle more in depth and had to add  IIS_IUSR to the database and give it owner, write, and read perms but it works know. :-D