Creating tickets for other people or over the phone?

Sep 16, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Hi,

Only after installing the system I realized a ticket cannot be opened by anyone but the person who's got the problem.

To me, this is weird, because in our IT department, at least some of the tickets that are opened every day are over the phone, especially when an employee's computer is out of order or his user is locked out/ forgot password. In these cases, the employees cannot use the tickets system, rendering it useless unless someone else creates a ticket for them.

I realize that the employees (or customers) list is created when each customer is opening Slick-Ticket for the first time, but surely such a list can be populated from AD in some way.

Are there any suggestions?

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2010 at 10:51 PM

This is not part of the built in features, but could easily be implemented.

All you would have to do is enter a user manually (you could copy and/or modify the profile page to do so), then you could add one more field to the ticket input which allows you to assign tickets to whoever you want.

I kept this out of the system to keep it as simple (and un-cheatable) as possible - as I have had some bad experiences with ticket systems.