This project is read-only.

Adding custom forms/adding layers

Jun 15, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Has anyone created custom pages/added additional layers for multiple ticket types? My boss wants this to eventually have the functionality to change the form based on what type of problem we have. i.e. we have some problems that we are going to want to force our users to enter data/make selections for. I am a novice coder so instead of re-inventing the wheel, I wanted to see if anyone has successfully done this and/or used something that will tie into slick ticket. I searched the forums (and continuing to do so) but didn't see too much on this topic so if there's one already out there please point me in the right direction...) Any help is much appreciated!!! Thanks!
Jun 16, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I have the same requirement, so basically what i've done is create the groups based on the technology, and sub groups based on the issues. So for example I have a group called "Windows" and the subgroups are all the most common issues we have (Login failed, Cannot Boot, Bootup Error, etc)

Hope that helps point you in the right direction

- Jay

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:41 PM
Okay that sounds like it can work but ideally what I would want to do is say, when they would choose a "password reset" issue, it would populate a form with required fields that they need to input... Have you done anything along those lines? If so do you have any samples? Pretty new to development and this is a "side" project that I am required to work on with my downtime so I'll take anything I can get to help!
Jun 30, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Unfortunately no, but I would also be very interested if someone here knows how to do that..