This project is read-only.

Rename "Priority" Indicators

Jun 8, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to rename the "Priority" Indicators in Slick Ticket? Currently the options are Low, Medium, High and Urgent. Rather than using this method, I would like to rename these indicators as follows:

Low =>       4 - Projects
Medium => 3 - Requests
High =>      2 - Support
Urgent =>   1 - Critical

This way when viewing the "My Issues" screen, we can sort our tickets based on what the issue type is, rather than what someone feels the priority is.

Jun 8, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Have you tried changing the text in the Priority Table?

Example

update Priority set Priority_Name='4 - Projects' where ID=1

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Worked Like A Charm!

Thanks Blindjustice,

On a side note, any idea how to setup the my issues screen so that it defaults to sort the columns ascending by priority? (This way all issue types are grouped together) Currently the default setup is sorting the My tickets table by the oldest Submitted ticket first.

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Glad to hear it worked.

Your question on the search result set seems to be in code, either in the page rendering the display or the order by clause in the select statement.  I haven't broken out the Visual Studio yet but will be looking for my copy today!!

Jun 9, 2010 at 12:25 PM
In the DomainModel, find Objects > Tickets.cs and find this function:
public static IEnumerable<ticket> MyTickets(stDataContext db, int userID)

Then change the last two lambda expressions around to look like this:
return (from p in db.tickets where p.submitter == userID && p.statuse.id != 5 select p).Union(ICommentedIn(db, userID)).OrderBy(p => p.submitted).OrderByDescending(p => p.priority1.level);